Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Lee County Iowa Historical Markers

 
B'nai Israel Congregation Marker image, Touch for more information
By Jerry Klinger, circa 2006
B'nai Israel Congregation Marker
Iowa (Lee County), Keokuk — First Permanent Jewish House of Worship in IowaB'nai Israel Congregation
Jews have been part of the social, economic and cultural life of Iowa since the early 19th century. It was not until 1855 that the Jewish population in Keokuk grew large enough to establish a religious community, Congregation B’nai Israel ( Children . . . — Map (db m27084) HM
Iowa (Lee County), Keokuk — National Association for Music Education
MENC: The National Association for Music Education was founded on this corner in the Westminster Presbyterian Church on April 12, 1907, during a meeting of music supervisors from fourteen states. The meeting was organized by Philip Cady Hayden, . . . — Map (db m55413) HM
Iowa (Lee County), Keokuk — The Estes House
used as a hospital for Soldiers of the Civil War Apr. 17, 1862 – Oct. 1, 1865 Occupied this site — Map (db m55414) HM
Iowa (Lee County), Montrose — The First Fort Des Moines
This Barracks Well / Marks / The First Fort Desmoines / And Was Used By / A Detachment Of Dragoons / Stationed Here Sept 25-1834 / To June 18-1837 — Map (db m84101) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement