Near Lewisville Road (Louisiana Route 159) south of East & West Street, on the right when traveling south.
Academy Park was once the home of the Minden Male Academy. Built in 1850 with funds and on land donated by civic leader W.A. Drake, it was one of two schools created from the Minden Academy that had been established in 1838. In 1852, an additional . . . — — Map (db m119214) HM
On Lewisville Road (Louisiana Route 159) at E and W Street, on the right when traveling south on Lewisville Road.
Minden Historic Residential District
In 1836 Charles Veeder, a German-American born in New York State, built an inn on a hilltop a few miles from Bayou Dorcheat. Legend has it, the inn was constructed on a salt lick that was the best deer . . . — — Map (db m120015) HM