Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Plymouth County Massachusetts Historical Markers

 
BastIon C Marker image, Touch for more information
By Don Morfe, October 3, 2010
BastIon C Marker
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Boston — Bastion CFort Warren-Georges Island — Boston Harbor Islands National Recreation Area
Bastion C is the only bastion retaining its original form and protective outworks. It is one of five arrowhead-shaped corners which were built as the fort’s strongest strategic locations. The bastion form was developed in Italy at the end of the . . . — Map (db m62578) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Boston — Battery Bartlett
Battery Bartlett was built in the 1890's atop the fort's original earthen ravelin (triangular fortification in front of the bastions). A major upgrade to earlier batteries, it protected the Nantasket Roads and the Narrows Channels into Boston and . . . — Map (db m59209) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Boston — Coastal MinesFort Warren-Georges Island — Boston Harbor Islands National Recreation Area
Harbor mines and cables fill the pier during the Second World War. Built in 1906, the mine-storage building (background) now houses the visitor’s center. (Inscription below the title) Countering the threat of the submarine, the U.S. military mined . . . — Map (db m62557) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Boston — Defense SystemFort Warren-Georges Island — Boston Harbor Islands National Recreation Area
From this vantage point it is possible to see the principal elements of Ft. Warren’s defense system. These are based on the 17th century, military theories developed by Louis XIV’s chief engineer, Sebastien de Vauban, and were modified to meet 19th . . . — Map (db m62581) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Boston — Enlisted Men
Both Union Soldiers training at Ft. Warren and Confederate prisoners of war were quartered along this side of the fort, often in adjoining rooms. his area also contained a schoolroom, 1900-volume library, and a chapel which was used almost daily by . . . — Map (db m59282) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Boston — Escape!
Despite the prison's island location, a few Civil War prisoners tried to escape-in the end, always unsuccessfully. Among them was Pvt. Charles Sawyer, a Union deserter who widened this narrow musketry "loophole" (opening to the right), supposedly by . . . — Map (db m59283) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Duxbury — America's Oldest Maintained Cemetery
Myles Standish Burying ground is the oldest maintained cemetery in the United States. This sacred ground has been cared for by the town of Duxbury Massachusetts, and takes its name from Myles Standish, military leader of the Plymouth colony who was . . . — Map (db m56227) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Duxbury — Site of The First Church
Site of The First Church 1632 First Minister 1637-1658 Ralph Partridge — Map (db m56241) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Hingham — Hingham Massachusetts
First Meeting House raised shortly after the gathering of the church in 1635 within a palisade. First Burying Ground, First School House built prior to 1661. Fort erected in 1676. These landmarks were located upon this hill, the . . . — Map (db m2850) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Hingham — Old Ship Church1630 - 1930
Erected in 1681, it is the oldest church structure in the United States to have been used continuously for public worship. Samuel Lincoln, original American ancestor of Abraham Lincoln, worshipped here regularly. — Map (db m48810) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Hingham — Reverend Peter Hobart
In grateful memory of Reverend Peter Hobart and that company of English men and women who founded the town of Hingham, landing near this spot in September, 1635 — Map (db m2851) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Hingham — Samuel Lincoln House1630 - 1930
Samuel Lincoln, ancestor of President Abraham Lincoln, and one of the eight early settlers of Hingham bearing that name, purchased this land in 1649. Seven generations of Lincoln descendants lived here. — Map (db m42633) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Hull — Fort Independence
Dedicated July 14th by the Republic of France and the people of Hull in celebration of the United States of America bicentennial. In grateful tribute to the French sailors and marines who served and died at Fort Independence during the American . . . — Map (db m56068) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Hull — Hull1630 - 1930
Indian region called Natascot, a fishing station as early as 1622 settled by the Puritans 1630. Name changed to Hull 1644. — Map (db m48032) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Hull — Hull1630 - 1930
Indian region called Natascot, a fishing station as early as 1622 settled by the Puritans 1630. Name changed to Hull 1644. — Map (db m48033) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Hull — The "Dark Arch"
Originally an open courtyard, Bastion A was roofed over, probably in the 1870's to accommodate new artillery-15-inch Rodman Guns. The new space was divided into an indoor drill hall, a powder magazine and a storage area for wagons and gun carriages. . . . — Map (db m59208) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Kingston — The Brig Independence
In the year 1776. The Brig Independence Set sail from Kingston's Jones River to protect the ships and coastline of Massachusetts. — Map (db m85499) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Marshfield — Daniel Webster Tablet
This tablet is erected by John Adams Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution In patriotic remembrance Daniel Webster 1782-1852 Peerless debator, a brilliant orator A profound constitutional lawyer A patriotic . . . — Map (db m47057) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Marshfield — Old Marshfield Training Field1630 - 1930
The Old Marshfield Training Field and Meetinghouse of the First Parish where Daniel Webster attended church. Home of Daniel Webster. Home of Governor Edward Winslow. Historic Winslow House is open to visitors in summer. — Map (db m48763) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Mattapoisett — Commemorating Mattapoisett's Shipbuilders
Text on the marker's plaque From the year 1752 to 1876, at least six shipyards flourished along this waterfront from the foot of Pearl Street to Ship Street (Cannonville). The fine harbor, an abundant supply of virgin timber and a . . . — Map (db m85630) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Mattapoisett — Mattapoisett WharvesHistorically Speaking ...
1752 Professional shipbuilding began. Originally, the builders used the abundant timber found in the area woods. Boats were built and launched on the Mattapoisett River. However, most of the larger ships were constructed at the . . . — Map (db m88214) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Mattapoisett — Ned's Point LightHistorically Speaking ...
1835 Congressman John Quincy Adams, representing the Plymouth County District, recommended to the government that a lighthouse be built in Mattapoisett. 1837 Barnabus Hiller sold four acres at Ned's point to . . . — Map (db m88157) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Middleborough — The Wading Place1630 - 1930
Site of the ford or wading place where the Indian trail from Plymouth to "Middleberry" (Middleborough) crossed the Nemasket River. When the town was established, 1669, its southern boundary was described as extending "Six mile from the wadeing . . . — Map (db m48788) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Norwell — Nathan Cushing
Site of the home of Nathan Cushing Judge of Admiralty in the Revolution Judge of Supreme Court of Massachusetts 1789–1810 State Councilor 1779–1780  1802–1807 Dec 13, 1780 the council ordered that Nathan Cushing Esq be . . . — Map (db m50357) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — 1630-1930
To Honor and Perpetuate the Memory of John Eddy and Samuel Eddy Arrived at Plymouth on the “Handmaid” Oct. 29, 1630 Sons of Rev. William Eddye, B.A., M, A. Cambridge, England Vicar of St. Dunstan church, Cranbrook, Kent . . . — Map (db m75829) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Alexander Scammell
Alexander Scammell 1747 -- 1781 Teacher Soldier Patriot He taught the public school on this site Colonel and Adjutant General in the Continental Army mortally wounded at Yorktown This memorial dedicated by the General . . . — Map (db m73209) HM WM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — America’s First Street
. . . — Map (db m107444) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — America’s Hometown at the Heart of Plymouth CountyWelcome to Plymouth, Massachusetts
Plymouth, “America’s Hometown” is the site of the first permanent settlement of English Colonists in New England. Climb aboard Mayflower II, a recreation of the ship that sailed the Pilgrims to the new world . . . and learn . . . — Map (db m107545) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — America's HometownPlymouth — Massachusetts
The Pilgrams landed in Plymouth, America's Hometown, in December 1620. Covering 102 square miles, it is the largest town in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Plymouth's shoreline stretches 37 miles along Cape Cod Bay and with its boundaries lay 365 . . . — Map (db m108370) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Burial Hill
The hill before you has been used for the burials by Plymouth residents since the 1620s. The first English settlers (known as "The Pilgrims") built their first fort/meeting house here. Here, Mayflower passengers are buried including Governor . . . — Map (db m73160) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Capt. James Bartlett House
Built in 1832 by Capt. James Bartlett Master of the Barque HANNAH in the West Indies Trade. This is the third house on this site which was originally the land of Samuel Fuller of the Mayflower. Captain Bartlett’s daughter married Isaac Brewster and . . . — Map (db m107438) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Cole’s Hill
The hill rises up from the shores of Plymouth Bay near the foot of Leyden Street, principal thoroughfare of the original settlement. It was the traditional burial place of the Plymouth colonists, Pilgrims and others, who died during the . . . — Map (db m75826) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Coles Hill
Has been designated a Registered National Historic Landmark Under the provisions of the Historic Sites Act of August 21, 1935 this site possesses exceptional value in commemorating and illustrating the history of the United States. U.S. . . . — Map (db m107424) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Dr. Samuel Fuller
This lot bounded by Middle or King St. and LeBaron Alley was once owned by Dr. Samuel Fuller of the Mayflower and was given by his wife and son to the First Church for the use of the minister. — Map (db m107437) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Edward Doty
They believed in religious freedom in honor of Edward Doty Passenger on the Mayflower Erected by Descendants of Eliza Doty Gravath A pioneer to Utah in 1850 — Map (db m107526) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Elder William Brewster
In memoriam Elder William Brewster Patriarch of the Pilgrims and their ruling elder   1609-1644 Outstanding leader of Pilgrim movement, the founding of Plimouth Plantation and the establishment of civil and religious liberty in the New World. B. at . . . — Map (db m107522) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — First Burying Ground of Mayflower Passengers
This monument marks the first burying ground in Plymouth of the passengers of the MayflowerHere, under cover of darkness, the fast dwindling company laid their dead, leveling the earth above them lest the Indians should learn how many were the . . . — Map (db m107416) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — First Fort
Site of the First Fort Built in 1621 Lower part used for church Also site of the fort built in 1675 which was 100 ft sq. Sides 10½ ft high — Map (db m107456) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — First House Built by the Pilgrims
This tablet is erected by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to mark the site of the First House Built by the Pilgrims. In that house on the 27th of February 1621 new style the Right of Popular Suffrage was exercised and Miles Standish was chosen . . . — Map (db m107431) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Gurnet Fortifications
In 1776 an earthwork fort was erected at the gurnet for the protection of Plymouth Harbor. It mounted six cannons and was manned by militiamen from Plymouth, Kingston, Duxbury and nearby towns. The first lighthouse, built in 1768, stood alongside . . . — Map (db m107428) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — House of Isaac Doten
This Original House was built in 1745 by Isaac Doten who was the Constable for the town of Plymouth, which at that time was a British Colony under the reign of George II of England. — Map (db m107434) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — James Cole
. . . — Map (db m107426) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — James Warren1726 - 1808
. . . — Map (db m107455) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — John Alden
Site of the house where John Alden lived while in Plymouth. This stone erected by his descendants The Alden Kindred of America 1930 — Map (db m107378) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Joseph Tribble House
has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior Circa 1794 — Map (db m107441) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Leyden Street
Leyden Street, originally known to the first settlers as First Street, Great Street or Broad Street, is where the Pilgrims began building their houses in the winter of 1620-21, and it has been the heart of the town ever since. Extending from the . . . — Map (db m75830) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Major William Bradford
H       I William Bradford of Austerfield Yorkshire England. Was the son of William and Alice Bradford. He was Governor of Plymouth Colony from 1621 to 1633 1635 1637 1639 to 1643 1645 to 1657 < Rear of obelisk : > Under this stone rest . . . — Map (db m107510) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Massasoit
Great Sachem of the Wampanoags Protector and Preserver of the Pilgrims 1621 Erected by the Improved Order of Red Men A grateful tribute 1921 — Map (db m6207) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Metacomet (King Philip)
          After the Pilgrims’ arrival, Native Americans in New England grew increasingly frustrated with the English settlers’ abuse and treachery. Metacomet (King Philip), a son of the Wampanoag sachem known as the Massasoit (Ousamequin), called . . . — Map (db m107448) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Mr. Thomas Clarke
Here lies buried ye body of Mr. Thomas Clarke Aged 98. Departed this life March 24, 1697. Thomas Clarke was Mate of the Mayflower according to tradition in the Plymouth and connecting Colonies. History gives his arrival in Plymouth from England in . . . — Map (db m107462) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — National Day of Mourning
Since, 1970 Native Americans have gathered at noon on Cole's Hill in Plymouth to commemorate a National Day of Mourning on the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday. Many Native Amaericans do not celebrate the arrival of the Pilgrams and other European . . . — Map (db m108369) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — On This Lot
On This Lot Stood The First House Of The Mayflower Pilgrim John Howland The Pilgrim John Howland Society 1978 — Map (db m105377) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Pilgrim Maiden
To those intrepid English women whose courage fortitude and devotion brought a new nation into being, this statue of the Pilgrim Maiden is dedicated. Presented to the Town of Plymouth by the National Society New England Women   September IV . . . — Map (db m107423) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Pilgrim Memorial State Park
Pilgrim Memorial State Park-Plymouth Rock is a symbol for the potential the Pilgrims saw in America upon their arrival here in December of 1620. Seen as solid, steadfast and everlasting, the large Dedham granite boulder is a suitable icon for the . . . — Map (db m62450) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Plymouth Rock
Plymouth Rock. Landing place of the Pilgrims. 1620. — Map (db m2896) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Plymouth Waterfront
You are standing at the corner of Leyden Street and Water Street. Leyden Street is the first street laid out in Plymouth and the location of the first Pilgrim homes. From this location one can see Cole’s Hill, the Waterfront and Leyden Street . . . — Map (db m75819) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Powder House
The Massachusetts Society of the Sons of the American Revolution came to Plymouth on October 12, 1920 to dedicate this replica of the old Powder House. The original structure had been erected in Plymouth in 1779 and removed about 1880. The Society . . . — Map (db m107466) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Robert Cushman
Fellow-exile with the Pilgrims in Holland, afterwards their chief agent in England. Arrived here IX November, MDCXXI, with Thomas Cushman his son; Preached IX December, his memorable sermon on “The danger of self-love and the sweetness of true . . . — Map (db m107459) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Site of an 1621 House
Site of one of the houses built in 1621. Seven dwelling houses were built the first year in addition to the one occupied by the Governor. This lot was assigned to Peter Brown. — Map (db m107440) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Tercentenary Cannons
Brass cannon like these were named by Bradford and Winslow in the annals of Plymouth as mounted on the First Fort, 1621, and were still in use in 1645 when the Ancient And Honorable Artillery Company Of Massachusetts under its commander Major . . . — Map (db m73187) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — The Church of Scrooby Leyden and the Mayflower
The Church of Scrooby Leyden and the Mayflower gathered on this hillside in 1620 has ever since preserved unbroken records and maintained a continuous ministry. Its first covenant being still the basis of its fellowship. In reverent memory of its . . . — Map (db m107446) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — The Common House
Built by Captain William Barnes in 1795 for his new bride, Sally Tribble. This house sits on the original site of “The Common House” established by the Pilgrims in 1623. Here the Pilgrims stored food and housed their families until . . . — Map (db m107436) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — The National Monument to our Forefathers
Was added to the National Register of Historic Places by the National Parks Service, the Department of the Interior in September 1974. The monument, designed by Hammet Billings of Boston, was erected by the the Pilgrim Society in 1889. It processes . . . — Map (db m56067) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — The Old Powder House
. . . — Map (db m107464) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — The Town House of Plymouth
On this site until 1749 stood The Government House Of the old Colony In that year this building was erected By the county for a court house It was used jointly by the county And the town until 1820 And then became the property of . . . — Map (db m75818) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Unitarian Controversy of 1801
          This tablet is inscribedin grateful memory of the Pilgrims and of their successors who at the time of the Unitarian Controversy in 1801 adhered to the belief of the Fathers and on the basis of the original creed and covenant perpetuated . . . — Map (db m107454) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — Welcome to Pilgrim Memorial State Park
Pilgrim Memorial State Park is designed around Plymouth Rock, a large glacial boulder deposited in the harbor and smoothed by centuries of tidal wash. The rock is not only a landmark, but also a symbol of the courage and faith of the men and women . . . — Map (db m107542) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Plymouth — William Bradford
William Bradford Governor and Historian of the Plymouth Colony Born in Austerfield, England – 1590 Died in Plymouth, New England – 1657 < Side of Monument : > “So they lefte ye goodly & pleasante citie, which had been . . . — Map (db m75823) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — “Don’t Give Up The Ship”
If you had looked out to sea from this point on June 1, 1813 you would have seen the ship-to-ship battle between USS Chesapeake and HMS Shannon where Captain James Lawrence spoke his famous last words “Don’t Give Up The . . . — Map (db m95609) HM WM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — Cudworth House1636 — 1976
Home of the Scituate Historical Society on land granted to Richard Garrett prior to 1646. Zephanian Cudworth built the present house in 1797 around the original chimney. — Map (db m47900) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — Early Boundary Line1630 - 1930
Boundary line between Norfolk and Plymouth Counties, originally established in 1640 as the boundary between the colonies of Massachusetts Bay and New Plymouth. — Map (db m49623) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — First Meeting House
Front: “Erected on this Lott Aug. Ye 2d & 3d dayes, 1636. Exercised in Novemb. 10 & 11, 1636.” Top: To the Memory of The First Ministers of Scituate Giles Saxton — Nathaniel Pitcher John . . . — Map (db m30616) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — First Training Field1636
Train bands and later militia trained on this field to serve in the King Philip’s War, Revolutionary War and Civil War. — Map (db m42807) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — Gannett’s Corner1630 - 1930
Settled by Mathew Gannett in 1651. — Map (db m48035) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — Mann Historical Museum1636 – 1976
A unique historical site in that its construction spans nearly three centuries. Five generations of the Mann family lived in this house. They were direct descendants of Richard Mann who settled in Scituate in 1636. — Map (db m43638) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — Men of Kent Cemetery
Burial place of many of the town’s original settlers who came from Kent County, England, in 1628. This is also the site of the first church in Scituate, built in 1634. — Map (db m30615) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — Old Scituate Lighthouse
During the year 1810 the U. S. Congress voted [$]4000 to build a lighthouse at Scituate harbor. During the War of 1812 Abigail and Rebecca Bates, young daughters of the lighthouse keeper, prevented a British naval force from sacking the town . . . — Map (db m23484) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — Old Stockbridge Grist Mill
In 1640 Isaac Stedman dammed up First Herring Brook and beside the pond thus formed, constructed the first water driven grist mill in the old colony. The mill owned and operated by the Stockbridge and Clapp families until 1922 was made famous in . . . — Map (db m24546) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — Satuit Brook1630 - 1930
From which the town derived its name. The Indian word first written Satuit or Seteat, meaning cold brook, was changed in 1640 to Scituate. — Map (db m42628) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — Site of Stockbridge Mansion1630 - 1930
The Stockbridge mansion, built before 1660, stood on this site. It was a garrison house in King Philip’s War for protection of the mills, and was successfully defended. The pond and mill were made famous by Woodworth’s poem "The Old Oaken Bucket." — Map (db m48800) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — Site of the First Churchin Scituate
Rev. John Lothrop Rev. Charles Chauncey Rev. Henry Dunster Rev. Nicholas Baker Pastors 1635–1679 — Map (db m30618) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — The Italian Freighter Etrusco
The Italian freighter Etrusco, a 7000 ton liberty ship, grounded here March 16, 1956, in a northeast blizzard. All hands safe. Refloated November 22, 1956. Placed by the Cedar Point Association on the 30th anniversary of grounding and the . . . — Map (db m23486) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — The Old Oaken Bucket1630 - 1930
Homestead and well made famous by Samuel Woodworth in his poem “The Old Oaken Bucket.” Homestead erected by John Northey in 1675; poet born in Scituate January 13, 1785. — Map (db m48801) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — Third Cliff1630 - 1930
The first plantations at "Satuit" were laid out by the Men of Kent before 1628 on this cliff, which was then much more extensive. — Map (db m48038) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Scituate — Williams-Barker House1630 - 1930
A portion of the house built by John Williams in 1634 is incorporated in the present house. It was a "garrison" or place of refuge and defense during King Philip's War. — Map (db m48804) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Wareham — Tremont Nail Factory
Left side Inscription Tremont Nail Company has been designated a National Historical Landmark by American Society for Metals Established in 1819, Tremont Nail Company had made nails continuously for more than 150 years, and one of the few . . . — Map (db m85626) HM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Wareham — Wareham Bicentennial War Memorial
. . . — Map (db m86430) WM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Wareham — Wareham War Memorial
Erected by the Town of Wareham in memory of her loyal sons 1904

There are also 5 panels of inscribed names — Map (db m85572) WM

Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Wareham — Wareham World War I Monument
Presented by the Wareham Branch S.A.S.A.P. to the town of Wareham in honor of her sons who paid the supreme sacrifice in the 1917 World War 1918 Walter O. Bennett • Dudley Lester Brown • Harry Clyde Cariepy • Everett Francis Howard • Harry Brown . . . — Map (db m85570) WM
Massachusetts (Plymouth County), Wareham — Warham Cotton Factory Memorial
1814- 1930 Near this site stood a cotton factory which was partially burned by the British during the War of 1812. Erected and dedicated by the Noble Everett Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1930 — Map (db m85624) HM WM

90 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement