On East Tenth Street at Michigan Avenue (State Highway 37), on the right when traveling west on East Tenth Street.
This county was originally set off in 1840 and first named Aishcum after a well-known Potawatomi chief. In 1843 the name was changed to Lake. For three decades it was attached to neighboring counties until 1871 when settlement was sufficient to . . . — — Map (db m106842) HM
On Martin Luther King Avenue 0.1 miles west of Northrup Road, on the left when traveling west.
The Island, once accessible only by footbridges, was the center of life at Idlewild from the 1910s into the 1960s. Early advertisements for the resort described Island Park as having a beautiful bathing . . . — — Map (db m55402) HM