8 entries match your criteria.
Historical Markers and War Memorials in Schoolcraft County, Michigan
Adjacent to Schoolcraft County, Michigan
▶ Alger County (6) ▶ Charlevoix County (16) ▶ Delta County (35) ▶ Leelanau County (11) ▶ Luce County (1) ▶ Mackinac County (74)
Touch name on list to highlight map location.
Touch blue arrow, or on map, to go there.
|This harbor of refuge, named by the French and translated "Only Choice," is one of only a few along this shore of Lake Michigan. Located at 45º 55' 22" north latitude and 85º 54' 45" west longitude, the tower rises 78 feet-9 inches high and is . . . — — Map (db m41970) HM|
|The SS Carl D. Bradley was a self-unloading Great Lakes freighter. Built in 1927 by the American Ship Building Company in Lorain, Ohio, the Bradley was owned by the Michigan Limestone division of U.S. Steel and operated by the Bradley Transportation . . . — — Map (db m104092) HM|
Christmas Tree Ship
The Rouse Simmons was one of the last schooners on the Great Lakes. Built in 1868 to carry lumber, the three-masted vessel became Chicago's "Christmas Tree Ship" when Herman Schuenemann purchased an . . . — — Map (db m105291) HM|
|Thompson is located 6 1/2 miles west of Manistique and began as a sawmill town. It was built by E.L. Thompson, president of the Delta Lumber Company. The town initially had three streets that were four blocks long, with a population of approximately . . . — — Map (db m105438) HM|
(1) Manistique Light and Boardwalk
The East Breakwater Light , built in 1916, is 35 feet tall and stands at the harbor entrance of the Manistique River. Soon to be listed in the National Register of Historic Places, the Light . . . — — Map (db m105477) HM|
Captain Herman Schuenemann was born in Algoma, Wisconsin in 1895 to German immigrants. He began his career on the Great Lakes at an early age. He married Miss Barbara Schindel on April 9, 1891, and they had three daughters, Elsie and twins, Hazel . . . — — Map (db m105327) HM|
The early 1880's brought tremendous change to the Thompson area. The abundance of nearby virgin timber and the natural harbor attracted the interest of the Delta Lumber Company of Detroit. Under the leadership of company president E.L. Thompson, . . . — — Map (db m105424) HM|
The Thompson Railroad Line served the mill owned by the Delta Lumber Company beginning with a terminal located at Indian River. In the early logging days, softwoods floated down the river to this terminal to be loaded onto flat cars. After the . . . — — Map (db m105376) HM|