Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Clay County Minnesota Historical Markers

 
Douglas House Marker image, Touch for more information
By Beverly Pfingsten, June 5, 2011
Douglas House Marker
Minnesota (Clay County), Moorhead — Douglas House
Built by James and Wilhelmina Douglas in 1873 and occupied until 1887, James Douglas ran a steam ship line along the Red River and served as Moorhead's first Post Master. — Map (db m43831) HM
Minnesota (Clay County), Moorhead — Red River Transportation / A Busy Port
Red River Transportation The Red River Trails were a set of overland routes linking the cities of Winnipeg and St. Paul and the small forts and settlements between them.

From 1820 to the 1870s, the trails were used by Metis freight drivers . . . — Map (db m100838) HM

Minnesota (Clay County), Moorhead — St, John's Episcopal Church
St. John's Episcopal Church was designed on an Elizabethan model by the noted architect, Cass Gilbert, among whose other significant buildings is the present Minnesota State Capitol. Construction of St. John's began on August 1, 1898.On February 12, . . . — Map (db m43829) HM
Minnesota (Clay County), Moorhead — Veterans Memorial Bridge Moorhead, MN and Fargo, ND
Red River of the North — Map (db m43835) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement