Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Murray County Minnesota Historical Markers

 
Avoca Marker image, Touch for more information
By Ruth VanSteenwyk, May 24, 2016
Avoca Marker
Minnesota (Murray County), Avoca — Avoca
This town began in 1878 and named for a river in Ireland. Became a key point for the sale of 50,000 acres of Railroad lands to Catholic colonists in Murray County through the activities of Archbishop Ireland and the Catholic Colonization . . . — Map (db m101288) HM
Minnesota (Murray County), Fulda — Fulda Depot
Fulda's depot, the only surviving Eastlake - style two-story depot in southwestern Minnesota, was built in 1880 just to the southeast of the present location, on a platform between two sets of tracks. Boarding the train and loading freight was . . . — Map (db m101287) HM
Minnesota (Murray County), Fulda — Fulda's Cannon -3 Inch Ordnance Rifle-
Side 1 In 1892, Fulda was to host the Encampment of the GAR, Grand Army of the Republic, comprised of Union veterans of the Civil War. With enthusiasm mounting, the members of the Zach Taylor Post 42 and a majority of Fulda's citizens . . . — Map (db m101285) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement