This town began in 1878 and named for a river in Ireland. Became a key point for the sale of 50,000 acres of Railroad lands to Catholic colonists in Murray County through the activities of Archbishop Ireland and the Catholic Colonization . . . — — Map (db m101288) HM
On E. Front St. at S St. Paul Ave. on E. Front St..
Fulda's depot, the only surviving Eastlake - style two-story depot in southwestern Minnesota, was built in 1880 just to the southeast of the present location, on a platform between two sets of tracks. Boarding the train and loading freight was . . . — — Map (db m101287) HM
In 1892, Fulda was to host the Encampment of the GAR, Grand Army of the Republic, comprised of Union veterans of the Civil War. With enthusiasm mounting, the members of the Zach Taylor Post 42 and a majority of Fulda's citizens . . . — — Map (db m101285) HM