In 1867 a New York architect sent the plans for a new church in Belle Plaine to Bishop Whipple. The church was built in 1868 on land contributed by Territorial Judge Andrew G. Chatfield, founder of Belle Plaine. The congregation organized in 1858 . . . — — Map (db m65868) HM
This site donated by Clement A. Nachbar, Mankato, Minn. Honoring the memory of his parents Mathias Nachbar & Wilhelmina Mertens Nachbar, who with their pioneer parents settled in Jordan vicinity, Minnesota Territory, in 1855. Dedicated to the early . . . — — Map (db m68767) HM
When the first explorers came to what became Minnesota, they found a land with three very different personalities. To the north were the great forests of white pine and other conifers that later attracted armies of lumberjacks and made Minnesota a . . . — — Map (db m15380) HM
During World War II, some 5,000-6,000 Japanese American soldiers, members of the U.S. Army's Military Intelligence Service, were given intensive and accelerated classes in the Japanese language at Camp Savage.
Their subsequent work translating . . . — — Map (db m41673) HM
These foundations mark the site of a two-story frame building erected by the Reverend Samuel W. Pond in 1847. It served as a Presbyterian mission to the Shakopee Sioux, and as Pond's home until his death in 1891. An eight-foot stockade enclosed the . . . — — Map (db m19789) HM
This monument is dedicated to those from Shakopee who died while in military service of our country.
[emblems of the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Ladies Auxiliary V.F.W., American Legion Auxiliary]
W. . . . — — Map (db m49792) HM