Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Walthall County Mississippi Historical Markers

 
Simmons House Marker image, Touch for more information
By Tom Bosse, July 30, 2016
Simmons House Marker
Mississippi (Walthall County), Mesa — Simmons House
S.A. (Sandy) Simmons, a local entrepreneur, built this Queen Anne Style home in 1904. Simmons operated a mercantile store, saw mill, cotton gin, post office, grist mill, and farm in the Mesa community. In 1910 Governor Earl L. Brewer appointed . . . — Map (db m51631) HM
Mississippi (Walthall County), Tylertown — China Grove Methodist Church
Founded October 4, 1836 on site purchased from a Baptist congregation. Present church built in 1854 at a cost of $100. China Grove Methodist Campground begin in 1878; first meeting Sept., 24-30, 1879. — Map (db m115498) HM
Mississippi (Walthall County), Tylertown — Conerly's P.O. and Lampton's Store
In June 1848, Benjamin Lampton and his brother-in-law Cullen Conerly established a post office here in Lampton's mercantile business. Situated on Dry Creek between Conerly's Mill and Tyler's Mill, the store and post office served as the social . . . — Map (db m115476) HM
Mississippi (Walthall County), Tylertown — Walthall County Training School
The Walthall County Training School had its beginning in the 1870s when Isaac Ginn began to teach the local African American children to read and write in a small, one room, split-log cabin structure. Using Rosenwald Foundation funds this structure . . . — Map (db m115535) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement