First Presbyterian Church was organized in 1839 by Scottish-Irish settlers. Built in 1845, the sanctuary is the original church structure. According to local tradition, the church bell, cast in 1851 by the Andrew Meneely and Sons Foundry of West . . . — — Map (db m50327) HM
Spring and small holding reservoir, which lie two miles north, were used during droughts as a water source for settlers between the early 1800s and 1930s. Also used to feed boilers for nearby Gus Boyd Sawmill. Spring named for Robert Hamill, an . . . — — Map (db m50326) HM
S.E. 10 ½ miles is site of sacred Choctaw mound, the legendary birthplace of the race. Served also as fort and as a center of Choctaw ceremonials.
Mississippi Historical Commission • 1949 — — Map (db m130070) HM