Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Meagher County Montana Historical Markers

 
Fort Logan Blockhouse Replica & Marker image, Touch for more information
By Cosmos Mariner, August 10, 2015
Fort Logan Blockhouse Replica & Marker
Montana (Meagher County), White Sulphur Springs — Fort Logan
The discovery of gold, silver, lead and copper in this area brought about the establishment of Camp Baker in 1869 to protect settlers from Indian raids. Named Fort Logan in 1877, the post was abandoned in 1880. The block house which . . . — Map (db m127844) HM
Montana (Meagher County), White Sulphur Springs — The Smith River Valley
The mountains to the west are the Big Belts, and those to the east the Castle Mountains. The gulches draining the west slope of the Big Belts were famous in the 60s and 70s for their gold placer diggings. Montana Bar in Confederate Gulch was . . . — Map (db m127842) HM

2 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement