Sidney Barracks, when established in 1867, was a temporary camp with one permanent structure, a blockhouse located to the north. In 1869 the Fort was relocated at this site and in 1870 the name was officially changed to Fort Sidney. The primary . . . — — Map (db m76864) HM
Eight plaques mounted on a single monument are located at Hickory Square. The plaques are presented left to right.
Early Day Cheyenne County
The history of Nebraska and Cheyenne County correlate to the push westward of the . . . — — Map (db m76866) HM
Sioux Army Depot was established on 23 March 1942 as Sioux Ordnance Depot. It was the only U.S. Army Ammunition Depot in Nebraska during World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. The depot was initially under the command of the U.S. Army . . . — — Map (db m76863) HM