Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Kearney County Nebraska Historical Markers

 
Dobytown Marker image, Touch for more information
By William Fischer, Jr., February 19, 2012
Dobytown Marker
Nebraska (Kearney County), Dobytown — 96 — Dobytown
Following the 1848 establishment of Fort Kearny two miles east of here and the later expansion of overland commerce and emigration, the small commercial center of Kearney City was established here in 1859. The town's more common name, Dobytown, . . . — Map (db m58979) HM
Nebraska (Kearney County), Kearney — 229 — Fort Kearny
The growth of overland emigration to Oregon after 1842 resulted in the establishment of military posts across the West to protect travelers. The first post, Fort Kearny, was established in the spring of 1848 “near the head of the Grand . . . — Map (db m43237) HM
Nebraska (Kearney County), Minden — Civil and Spanish-American Wars Memorial
Memorial to the Veterans of the Civil and Spanish-American Wars. [Honor Roll of Veterans] Gettysburg Vicksburg Antietam Monitor&Merrimac — Map (db m58986) HM
Nebraska (Kearney County), Minden — Kearney County Courthouse Erected 1906 Nebraska Historic Site —
This property is listed in the National Register of Historic Places Nebraska State Historical Society — Map (db m58984) HM
Nebraska (Kearney County), Minden — Kearney County Pioneers
To the Pioneers of Kearney County, Nebr. Dedicated Sept. 23, 1933 — Map (db m58985) HM
Nebraska (Kearney County), Minden — World War Memorial 1917 - 1919
Veterans of the World War Kearney County, Nebraska [Roll of Honored Dead] Hilmer Anderson Leo Robert Atwater William D. Brainard Thomas J. Geren Harry A. Hetrick Reuben N. D. Jensen Segfred O. Johnson Frank Leafstedt . . . — Map (db m58982) HM
Nebraska (Kearney County), Newark — 239 — The Burlington & Missouri River Railroad
The Burlington & Missouri River Railroad entered Nebraska at Plattsmouth in 1870 and built west to join the Union Pacific at Kearney Junction (now Kearney city) on September 3, 1872. The railroad bridge into Kearney was used for 104 years. It . . . — Map (db m58980) HM

7 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement