Touch FIRST to browse through the results shown on this page.
Randolph County North Carolina Historical Markers
By Paul Crumlish, May 9, 2010
Wide view of the Jonathan Worth Marker
Governor, 1865-1868. State Treasurer, 1862-1865. Home stood one block south. — — Map (db m31539) HM
Pisgah Covered Bridge
Designated March 1, 2010
Randolph County Bard of Commissioners
Historic Landmark Preservation Commission — — Map (db m43112) HM
This street is the route of the Fayetteville-to-Salem plank road, a toll road 129 miles long, built 1849-54. — — Map (db m31538) HM
Here lie Braxton Craven and other builders of churches and colleges in the south, notably Duke University. — — Map (db m58265) HM
( Preface, upper left): The Carolinas Campaign began on February 1, 1865, when Union Gen. William T. Sherman led his army north from Savannah, Georgia, after the “March to the Sea.” Sherman’s objective was to join Gen. . . . — — Map (db m58259) HM
Stood here. Union in- stitute, 1839; Normal College, 1851; Trinity, 1859; Duke University, 1924. Moved to Durham, 1892. — — Map (db m58262) HM 6 markers matched your search criteria.