Touch FIRST to browse through the results shown on this page.
Vance County North Carolina Historical Markers
By Don Morfe, September 16, 2013
"Tiny" Broadwick Marker
Aviation pioneer; first woman to parachute from an airplane, 1913. Demonstrated use of parachutes to Army, 1914. Grave 200 yds N. — — Map (db m69959) HM
Built buggies, 1899; by 1907, automobiles; later tractors, buses, and, during WWII, trucks for military. Shop 3/4 mi. S.E. closed 1952. — — Map (db m30681) HM
Graves of 52 soldiers, individually marked, who died in the Kittrell Springs Hotel hospital, 1864-65, are ½ mi. NE. — — Map (db m33803) HM
Fifty-four Confederate soldiers from Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia are buried here. They died at General Hospital Number One, Kittrell Springs in the former Kittrell Springs Hotel owned by Maj. Charles C. Blacknall and his . . . — — Map (db m33813) HM
Health resort, social and recreational center in nineteenth century. Springs are ½ mi. W. — — Map (db m34683) HM
Noted winter health resort patronized by Northern hunters and tuberculosis patients. Opened 1871; burned 1893. Site is ½ mi. W. — — Map (db m34684) HM
Governor, 1811-1814; speaker, State House of Commons, 1810-1811. His home, Pleasant Hill stands one mile N.W. — — Map (db m69957) HM 7 markers matched your search criteria.