Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Dickey County North Dakota Historical Markers

 
Carroll House image, Touch for more information
By Ruth VanSteenwyk, March 5, 2016
Carroll House
North Dakota (Dickey County), Fullerton — Carroll House
Near North Monroe Street at Minneapolis Avenue, on the right when traveling south.
Est. 1889 Restored 1989 — Map (db m93247) HM
North Dakota (Dickey County), Oakes — 1891 Church - Oakes Historical Park
Near 2nd Street South south of Maple Ave.
Built in 1891 by Oakes Methodists, this building was a block south of Main on Highway 1. When a larger church was needed in 1908, the Methodists built the present structure at 6th and Juniper and sold the original church to the Norwegian & . . . — Map (db m112569) HM
North Dakota (Dickey County), Oakes — Hudson Townsite
On 108th Avenue Southeast at 91st St SE, on the right when traveling north on 108th Avenue Southeast.
Established in the spring of 1883 by a colony from New York state and named for the Hudson River. A railroad right-of-way was planned to serve the town from the east. Three years later the Northern Pacific and Northwestern railways met on the . . . — Map (db m112626) HM
North Dakota (Dickey County), Oakes — Stagecoach Relay Station
Near 85th Street Southeast 0.3 miles west of 110th Ave SE, on the left when traveling west.
1/5 mile to the south is the site of the Stagecoach Relay Station. Benjamine and Mellinger operated the stage line, beginning in 1880, between Columbia, SD and Jamestown, ND. Service took two days each way and passengers could be fed and lodged . . . — Map (db m112568) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement