Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Mercer County North Dakota Historical Markers

 
Story Board 1 image, Touch for more information
By Cindy Bullard, June 21, 2010
Story Board 1
North Dakota (Mercer County), Fort Clark — Fort Clark Historic Site
On this site are the remains of a large earthlodge village originally settled by the Mandan Indians (ca.1822) and the trading forts Clark and Primeau. Previous to the establishment of Fort Clark, an unnamed post was built in the area by James Kipp . . . — Map (db m33313) HM
North Dakota (Mercer County), Stanton — Lewis & Clark at the Knife River Indian Villages Lewis & Clark in North Dakota
With 168 days and 1,600 miles behind them, the Lewis and Clark Expedition arrived near the Knife River Villages. Captain William Clark wrote: October 27, 1804 "came too at the Village on the L.S. this village is situated on an eminance . . . — Map (db m33610) HM

2 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement