Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Morton County North Dakota Historical Markers

 
Entrance to the Commanding Officer’s Quarters with reenactors. image, Touch for more information
By Don Morfe, June 9, 1997
Entrance to the Commanding Officer’s Quarters with reenactors.
North Dakota (Morton County), Mandan — Commanding Officer’s QuartersFort Abraham Lincoln
The commanding officer’s quarters was one of seven frame residences (called Officers Row) built n 1873 to house cavalry officers stationed at Fort Abraham Lincoln. The first commanding officer and tenant was Lt. Colonel (Brevet Major General) George . . . — Map (db m96771) HM
North Dakota (Morton County), Mandan — Mandan Scenic OverlookLewis & Clark in North Dakota
Sunday, October 21, 1804 A driving northeast wind, cold temperatures, and freezing rain and snow led Lewis and Clark to seek shelter after only 7 miles. During the day, they passed the mouth of the Heart River learning from their Arikara . . . — Map (db m44707) HM

2 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement