Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Hardin County Ohio Historical Markers

 
Ada Civil War Memorial Detail image, Touch for more information
By William Fischer, Jr., March 7, 2010
Ada Civil War Memorial Detail
Ohio (Hardin County), Ada — Ada Civil War Memorial
In Memory of Our Soldiers 1861-1865 “Lest We Forget” — Map (db m29021) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Ada — 16-33 — Ada Passenger Depot, 1887 ó Pennsylvania Railroad, Southwest Division
Ada grew alongside the tracks of the Ohio & Indiana Railroad, completed in 1854 between Crestline, Crawford County, and Fort Wayne, Indiana. This line became part of the Southwest Division of the Pennsylvania Railroad in 1869. Ada's rapid growth as . . . — Map (db m29014) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Ada — 14-33 — Ohio Northern University
Henry Solomon Lehr founded Ohio Northern University in 1871 as the Northwestern Ohio Normal School. Its purpose was to train teachers and to provide higher education to the people in Northwest Ohio. In 1885, the school became Ohio Normal . . . — Map (db m29025) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Dola — 1-33 — Hog-Creek Marsh ó 1868
Comprising 8,000 acres of Brookston-Crosby soils, the marsh is named for Hog Creek which drains it. Once a shallow lake, cranberries, wild flags and grasses flourished here. Reclamation (1868) cost $13.00 per acre. Dredging was done by steam scow; . . . — Map (db m29032) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Dunkirk — Dunkirk Veterans Memorial
To all those who come after let it be known that this place is dedicated to those men and women who served their country in all wars ..past, present and future Dunkirk V.F.W. Post 3816 by MS 2003 — Map (db m94001) WM
Ohio (Hardin County), Dunkirk — 12-33 — Hullís Trail
Hullís Trail was a rough passageway through Ohio to the Canadian border, used by General William Hullís army during the War of 1812 on its way to attack the English at Detroit. Woodsmen cleared the trail to permit the Ohio Army Militia with its . . . — Map (db m22540) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Dunkirk — Hullís Trail 1812 ó Fort Necessity
Hullís Trail 1812 ——ē—— Fort Necessity, 400 Ft. N., 150 Ft. E. Old Spring, 700 Ft. N.Map (db m18489) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Dunkirk — Hull's Trail, 1812
Hull's Trail 1812 Erected By Fort McArthur Chapter, D.A.R. 1912 — Map (db m22261) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Dunkirk — Hull's Trail, 1812
Hull's Trail, 1812 Erected By Fort McArthur Chapter, D.A.R. 1912 — Map (db m22478) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Hepburn — #4-33 — Old Sandusky Trail and Shawnee Ford
County Road 265 follows an old Indian trail which connected the Wyandot villages at Upper Sandusky with the Shawnee Mac-o-chee towns to the southwest. Many wigwams were pitched near this Scioto River ford during the late 18th and early 19th . . . — Map (db m22266) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Hepburn — 9-33 — Wheeler Tavern
Wheeler Tavern was built by Portius Wheeler, an early pioneer of Hardin County, around 1835 near the Shawnee Ford of the Scioto River. According to local historians this was the first brick residence constructed in Hardin County. Tradition maintains . . . — Map (db m22962) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — "The Liberty Garden"
Dedicated to the men and women who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States of America, those who lost their lives preserving our freedom and the pioneer families who settled Hardin County “God Bless America and the . . . — Map (db m22919) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — C35 — Fort McArthur ó Ohio Revolutionary Memorial Trail
. . . — Map (db m18383) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — #8-33 — Fort McArthur Cemetery
Approximately 1000 feet east of this marker lies the graves of sixteen American soldiers from Fort McArthur who gave their lives during the War of 1812. The fort, a one-half acre timber stockade containing huts, was built in the summer of 1812 to . . . — Map (db m22250) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — Hardin County Korean War Memorial
Lest We Forget in memory of the Korean Conflict June 25, 1950 - July 27, 1953 54,236 Dead 103,000 Wounded 7,000 P.O.W.'s 3,450 Returned Alive 51% Died Prison Camps 389 P.O.W.'s Unaccounted For — Map (db m105031) WM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — Hardin County New Veterans Memorial ó New Memorial in New Section of Cemetery
In honor of those who have served Lest we forget — Map (db m105040) WM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — Hardin County Ohio Civil War Soldier Monument ó GAR and WRC
In memory of our comrades. 1861—1865 — Map (db m105027) WM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — Hardin County Veterans Memorial Park
Hardin County Veterans Memorial Park Dedicated to all who have faithfully served in the U.S. Armed Forces — Map (db m105042) WM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — Hardin County Viet Nam Memorial ó Part of the Complex in Soldiers Field
Front In honor of those who served in Viet Nam

Back Greater love hath no man than this that he lay down his life for his country — Map (db m105038) WM

Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — Hardin County War Memorial
. . . — Map (db m105036) WM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — Hull's Trail, 1812
Hull's Trail, 1812 Erected By Fort McArthur Chapter, DAR 1912 — Map (db m22438) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — 2-33 — Jacob Parrott
In Memory of Jacob Parrott buried here. Born July 17, 1843 in Fairfield County, Ohio. Died December 22, 1908. At 18 he enlisted in Company K, 33rd Ohio Volunteer Infantry Regiment and was the youngest member of the famous Andrews Raid. The . . . — Map (db m2022) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — 10-33 — Kenton Hardware Company
First organized as the Kenton Lock Manufacturing Company in 1890, the Kenton Hardware Company became one of the world's largest cast iron toy factories. Under the management of L. S. Bixler, toy stoves, banks, fire company outfits, horse drawn . . . — Map (db m22902) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — 5-33 — Mad River Railroad
In 1832 a charter was granted by the State of Ohio for construction of a railroad between Sandusky City and Dayton. The right-of-way privileges included Hardin County. The first train, of the Mad River and Lake Erie Railroad, arrived in Kenton from . . . — Map (db m22920) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — Six Points, Goshen Township ó Old Sandusky Trail (Co. Rd. 265) ó Site of McGuiggin School
In memory of John R. and Stella E. Hastings for their community service and their generous and caring support of the youth of Hardin County. Oh, blest are they who walk in love. They also walk with God above. John R. Hastings / / / . . . — Map (db m78261) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — 13-33 — The Hardin County Courthouse
One of Ohio's larger courthouses, this structure, completed in 1915 at a cost of $275,000, is the third courthouse to be built in this vicinity. The building, designed by the architectural firm, Richards, McCarty, and Bulford, is an excellent . . . — Map (db m22901) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Kenton — This Tablet Marks Hullís Trail; 1812
This Tablet marks Hullís Trail; 1812. One-half mile south of this is the site of Old Fort McArthur. Built in 1812 on yonder hillside, Gen. Tupper and 1,000 men camped the entire winter of 1812-13. At the foot of the hill is their “Spring of . . . — Map (db m18416) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), McGuffey — 7-33 — Scioto Marsh
The Scioto Marsh, the largest of three extensive marsh areas in western Hardin County, was formed in the low basins left by the last retreating glacier 10,000 years ago. It covered more than 16,000 acres and was thought to be a source of malaria by . . . — Map (db m29066) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), McGuffey — 15-33 — Village of McGuffey / Great 1934 Onion Strike
Side A: Village of McGuffey The Village of McGuffey was named for John McGuffey, who in the 1860s first attempted to drain the Scioto Marsh. A larger and more effective drainage effort, made by others who entered Hardin County in the 1880s, . . . — Map (db m29062) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Mount Victory — Hale Township Veterans Memorial
In memory of Veterans of all wars — Map (db m88095) WM
Ohio (Hardin County), Roundhead — 3-33 — Chief Roundhead's Village ó Ohio Historical Marker
Upon this site, in the late 18th and early 19th centuries, stood Chief Roundhead's Wyandot Indian village. This flourishing agricultural community later gave way to white settlement and Hardin County's first town was laid out here in 1832. . . . — Map (db m21566) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Roundhead — Roundhead
Oldest community in Hardin County Founded in 1832 on the site of the Indian village led by Chili Stiahia better known as Roundhead an ally of the British in the War of 1812 Roundhead Township was organized 1832 Until March 1833 . . . — Map (db m22939) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Roundhead — Roundhead School ó 1937 - 2002
This memorial erected in 2005 is dedicated to the educators, support staff, community, parents, and all students who attended here. — Map (db m22937) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Roundhead — Roundhead Veterans Memorial
Dedicated to all who have served — Map (db m22938) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Yelverton — Hull's Trail 1812
Hull's Trail 1812 Erected By Fort McArthur Chapter, D.A.R. 1912 — Map (db m34547) HM
Ohio (Hardin County), Yelverton — Hull's Trail 1812
Hull's Trail 1812 Erected By Fort McArthur Chapter, D.A.R. 1912 — Map (db m34550) HM

36 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement