Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Medina County Ohio Historical Markers

 
“Skypark” Marker image, Touch for more information
By J. J. Prats, April 4, 2019
“Skypark” Marker
Ohio (Medina County), Acme — 3-52 — “Skypark”The Flying Community
Daniel E. Weltzien, pilot and hometown son, dreamed of a flying community, one where every family would have a plane in their garage for work or play. In June 1965, the Williams Farm on Acme Hill became a runway with taxiways to every home. . . . — Map (db m132160) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Acme — Birth of Skypark
June 1965. Daniel Weltzien, the founder, developer, purchased the property known as “William’s Black Angus Farm.” Using all his entrepreneurial skills, he bartered his dream of a family airport. The main building of this airport was . . . — Map (db m132415) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Acme — Veterans, Members, and Friends of Sky Park
In tribute to the Veterans, members and friends of Sky Park who have served their country and community. We will remember. Alan Trent • Albert C Riddle • Alexander Bettinger • Allan J Robinson • Allan S Neilson Jr. • Allen B . . . — Map (db m132424) WM
Ohio (Medina County), Brunswick — 10-52 — Brunswick United Methodist Church
The Rev. Jacob Ward founded the Brunswick Methodist Episcopal Church in April 1817 with 13 members: Rhoda Stow, John and Lucy Stearns, John and Hannah Hulet, Samuel and Sarah Tillotson, Thomas and Phoebe Stearns, Solomon and Polly Harvey, Lydia . . . — Map (db m136816) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Brunswick — 4-52 — Heritage Farm
Heritage Farm is a typical mid-19th century farm of the Ohio Western Reserve and has been restored and preserved. The original parcel of land consisted of 325 acres, which was purchased by David Berdan in 1818. The farmstead has been home to . . . — Map (db m136814) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Brunswick — Historic Underground Railroad Station
This dwelling was an Underground Railroad station operated by Hiram B. Miller for many years. Here he hid hundreds of runaway slaves. He shipped them to Canada in drygoods boxes where they would be free. This caused persecution and the nickname of . . . — Map (db m136815) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Hinckley — 2-52 — Judge Samuel Hinckley / John Brongers                    1757–1840 / 1843–1932
Judge Samuel Hinckley. As a member of the Connecticut Land Company, Judge Samuel Hinckley of North Hampton, Massachusetts purchased township 4N Range 13W of the Western Reserve in 1795 for a sum equivalent to 23 cents an acre. The township . . . — Map (db m137188) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Litchfield — 8-52 — Litchfield Town Band
Around 1900, the newly formed Litchfield Cemetery and Park Association needed a band to lead processions to and from the town cemetery on Memorial Day. The Litchfield Town Band was born. Urial Crow served as its first director, so the group . . . — Map (db m136758) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Medina — 5-52 — Elm Farm Dairy
In 1927 Henry Abell, a master plumber, purchased a 100-acre dairy farm. When the Great Depression struck the nation two years later, Abell could find little work as a plumber and decided to develop his dairy farm. In 1934, he and his family . . . — Map (db m134856) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Medina — 9-52 — Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church
On March 11, 1817, Rev. Roger Searle of Connecticut met with a group of settlers at the home of Zenas Hamilton in Medina Township and founded St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. On April 10, 1817, the congregants cleared land near Weymouth and built a . . . — Map (db m134853) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Medina — 7-52 — Weymouth School
Built with the funds and labor of residents of Weymouth, this structure was home to the Weymouth School from 1925 to 1956. It was designed in the Colonial Revival style by Cleveland architect Paul T. Cahill (1888-1954). Two classrooms . . . — Map (db m134850) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Seville — 1-52 — "The Giants of Seville"
(Front Side) Seville's most famous residents, Captain Martin Van Buren Bates (1845-1919) and Anna Swan Bates (1848-1889) settled here in 1873. Their notoriety stemmed from their dramatic stature: Martin, a former Confederate soldier from . . . — Map (db m61959) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Valley City — 6-52 — Liverpool Township / Liverpool and Valley City
Seba Bronson Jr. left Columbia Township in early 1810 and followed the Rocky River to an area one and a half miles north of here. He built a cabin and planted a crop and thus started what became known as the village of Hardscrabble in Liverpool . . . — Map (db m136780) HM
Ohio (Medina County), Wadsworth — General Elijah Wadsworth
We honor General Elijah Wadsworth, veteran of the American Revolution and the War of 1812; owner of Tract One, Wadsworth Township. — Map (db m134020) WM
Ohio (Medina County), Wadsworth — 11-52 — Johnson House Museum / Carriage Factory
Johnson House Museum. The Johnson House was built in 1852 and its first owner was Henry J. Traver (1827-1911), owner of Traver & Company carriage factory across the street. From 1877 until 1994 the house was the residence and office of four . . . — Map (db m133912) HM

15 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement