Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Williams County Ohio Historical Markers

 
Bryan Veterans Memorial image, Touch for more information
By Rev. Ronald Irick, May 16, 2019
Bryan Veterans Memorial
Ohio (Williams County), Bryan — Bryan Veterans Memorial
In thanksgiving to God and in tribute to all men and women who served in the armed forces of their country during all wars — Map (db m134962) WM
Ohio (Williams County), Bryan — 3-86 — Bryan's Air Mail Field
Here, on September 6, 1918, Bryans’ Air Mail Field began oeprations as one of Ohio’s first official airfields ith the arrival of a survey flight to establish air mail service between New York and Chicago. Scheduled servcie began on July 1, 1919, and . . . — Map (db m3358) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Bryan — 4-86 — Rail Speed Record
In 1966 the New York Central railroad Company (A.E. Perlman, President) proposed a test of existing rail passenger equipment to determine the feasibility of operating high-speed passenger service between cities up to 300 miles apart. The site chosen . . . — Map (db m5622) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Bryan — 7-86 — Richard E. Schreder1915 - 2002
(Side One) Richard E. Schreder grew up in Toledo, Ohio and graduated from the University of Toledo with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. He was a decorated navy pilot and iconic aviation figure who helped shape the American soaring . . . — Map (db m69046) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Edgerton — 6-86 — Cedar Hill Farm
The Cedar Hill Farm Homestead story began in 1864 when John Burchard purchased the farmland. It has been in the Kisseberth family since 1903 and gained centennial status in 2003. In 2008, the Ohio Centennial Farm of Cedar Hill became the first farm . . . — Map (db m69047) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Edgerton — Edgerton Civil War Monument
Erected A.D. 1912 by W.A. Slaughter Post W.R.C. and Patriotic Citizens of Edgerton and Vicinity To the Memory of Those who served Their Country — Map (db m69061) WM
Ohio (Williams County), Edgerton — Edgerton Fire Bell
This Bell was first installed in the bell tower of the town hall on August 13, 1885, and was used for fire and alarms. The Fire Bell was relocated to the Town Hall court yard of August 13, 1990.      This Fire Bell served the residents as its only . . . — Map (db m69062) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Edgerton — 10-86 — Edgerton Town Hall & Park Opera House
Side A Edgerton was settled beside the St. Joseph River when the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern railroad was completed in 1854. The village was incorporated on December 4, 1865, and named for Alfred P. Edgerton, who donated the land for the . . . — Map (db m134571) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Montpelier — Dr. Paul Allman Siple
Dr. Paul Allman Siple Born 1908 in Montpelier, Ohio Died 1968 in Arlington, Va. Scientist, polar explorer, inventor and author Honored by educators, governments, industry, international scientists — Map (db m134574) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Montpelier — Gold and Blue Star Families
In recognition of all Americans who support those who defend our freedom — Map (db m134634) WM
Ohio (Williams County), Montpelier — Montpelier Town Hall
Erected by the Village of Montpelier and Superior Township, ground was broken for this historic structure in August 1892. It was occupied by January 1893. The Town Hall was constructed by Sam Martin at a contract price of $4,190.85 Williams . . . — Map (db m134580) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Montpelier — 2-86 — Paul Allman Siple
Paul Allman Siple was born here on December 18, 1908. In 1927, he was chosen from thousands of ambitious Eagle Scouts to accompany Admiral Richard E. Byrd on his first Antarctic Expedition. Twelve years later, while attending Clark University in . . . — Map (db m4009) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Montpelier — 1-86 — The Nettle Lake Mound Group
(Obverse): The Nettle Lake Mound group consists of 4 low mounds overlooking a stream that runs into Nettle Lake. The mounds vary in height from 1 to 3 feet and in diameter from 18 to 3- feet. The mounds are composed primarily of . . . — Map (db m4010) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Montpelier — Williams County Veterans MemorialA Very Complex Memorial — Thousands of Names —
Those who sacrificed for our freedoms deserve to be remembered — Map (db m134960) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Pulaski — 8-86 — Casimir PulaskiFather of American Cavalry
(Side One) Pulaski and Pulaski Township in Williams County are named for Casimir Pulaski, a Polish cavalry officer who died to win America's independence from Great Britain during the Revolutionary War. Charged with attempting to kidnap . . . — Map (db m69028) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Stryker — Stryker
Stryker Home of William J. Knight A captor of the Confederate Locomotive "The General" — Map (db m21078) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Stryker — Stryker Depot
The Stryker depot symbolizes the community's origin and heritage. Stryker was surveyed on September 19, 1853, beside the proposed Michigan Southern & Northern Indiana Railroad. Stryker was the first Williams County town with rail facilities, which . . . — Map (db m69029) HM
Ohio (Williams County), Stryker — 5-86 — Stryker's Railroad Heritage
(Side One) Like many nineteenth century communities in Ohio, Stryker owes its birth and early growth to the railroad industry. Stryker, named for Rome, New York, attorney and railroad executive John Stryker, was surveyed on September 19, . . . — Map (db m69030) HM

18 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement