Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Payne County Oklahoma Historical Markers

 
Reconstruction of Ingalls Hotel image, Touch for more information
By Michael Manning
Reconstruction of Ingalls Hotel
Oklahoma (Payne County), Ingalls — Outlaw Battle Site about 1 miles S.E.
On East 6th Avenue (State Highway 51) at South Bethel Road (County Route N34330), on the right when traveling east on East 6th Avenue.
A battle at Ingalls, Sept. 1, 1893, between a Dalton-Doolin gang and U.S. marshals was a climax in bringing law and order to Oklahoma and Indian territories. Three marshals and two residents were killed; several persons were wounded; one outlaw was . . . — Map (db m52624) HM
Oklahoma (Payne County), Ingalls — The Battle of Ingalls 1893 Pop. 150 —
On East 19th Avenue (County Road E0630) 0.1 miles east of South Walnut Street, on the right when traveling east.
On the morning of September 1, 1893 the area around this sign was the scene of one of the fiercest gunfights in the history of the state. Ingalls at the time was the hideout of the Bill Doolin gang. It included Arkansas Tom, Bitter Creek Yocum, and . . . — Map (db m52664) HM
Oklahoma (Payne County), Ingalls — U.S. Marshals Monument
On East 19th Ave (County Road E0630) 0.1 miles east of South Walnut Street, on the right when traveling east.
In memory of U.S. Marshals Dick Speed, Tom Houston, Lafe Shadley Who fell in the line of duty Sept. 1, 1893 by Dalton and Doolin gang — Map (db m52628) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement