|► Tennessee (Clay County), Celina — 2D 42 — Butler's Landing / Bailey Butler|
|Butler's Landing Daniel Boone, on his trip to the Western Territory in 1773, followed the old game and Indian trail to where two creeks flowed into the Cumberland River. He referred to them as the Twin or Double Creeks in his journal. On this . . . — — Map (db m74336) HM WM|
|► Tennessee (Clay County), Celina — Celina During the Civil War — Hamilton's Tennessee Cavalry Battalion|
|During the Civil War, the residents of the eastern and Cumberland River sections of present-day Clay County (then part of Jackson and Overton Counties) were usually Confederate sympathizers, while those in the western section supported the Union. . . . — — Map (db m74297) HM|
|► Tennessee (Clay County), Celina — Dale Hollow Dam — On Obey River|
|Constructed and operated by Corps of Engineers Department of the Army.|
This is one of a series of dams in the Cumberland River Basin for flood control, power, navigation and water conservation.
Height of dam - 185 ft. Length of dam - . . . — — Map (db m91771) HM
|► Tennessee (Clay County), Celina — Donaldson Cemetery — A Cavalryman’s Resting Place|
|Capt. Jacob C. “Jake” Bennett, a native Kentuckian and noted Confederate partisan ranger, is buried in Donaldson Cemetery (four miles north of here). During the war, bushwhackers and guerrillas on both sides raided the sparsely populated . . . — — Map (db m112197) HM|
|► Tennessee (Clay County), Celina — 2D 31 — Free Hill(s) Community|
|Free Hill(s), a historic Black community, was established northeast of Celina before the Civil War by former slaves of Virginia Hill. Hill brought her slaves from North Carolina to then Overton County, purchased 2,000 hilly and rough acres, settled . . . — — Map (db m74274) HM|
|► Tennessee (Clay County), Celina — History of the Webb Cemetery — 1830-1942|
|On September 25, 1830, Mary Ann (Hudspeth) Webb (ca 1772-1842) used the proceeds from the sale of her land holdings in North Carolina to buy 200 acres of land in Overton County, located on the east side of the Obed River, about 1 ½ miles . . . — — Map (db m112216) HM|
6 markers matched your search criteria.