Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Weakley County Tennessee Historical Markers

 
Weakley County Courthouse image, Touch for more information
By Ken Smith, May 2, 2009
Weakley County Courthouse
Tennessee (Weakley County), Dresden — 4A 39 — Weakley County
Weakley County was established Oct. 21, 1823, and named for Robert Weakley, then Speaker of the State Senate. In 1825, John Terrell gave 39 acres for the county seat. Martin Lawler, Richard Ridgeway, John R. Shultz, Perry Vincent, and Mears Warner, . . . — Map (db m83162) HM
Tennessee (Weakley County), Dresden — Weakley County Tennessee Confederate Monument
(front/south side) In honor of the Confederate Soldiers of Weakley County, Tennessee 1861-1865 (west side) Weakley County Confederate soldiers participated in all the western battles among which are: Belmont, Donaldson, Shiloh, . . . — Map (db m127898) WM
Tennessee (Weakley County), Palmersville — 4A 44 — Civil War Skirmish May 6, 1862
May 6, 1862: Col. Thomas Claiborne's Sixth Confederate Cavalry attacked and destroyed three companies of the Fifth Iowa Cavalry at Lockridge Mill about 1 mile north on the north Fork of the Obion River. The Fifth Iowa Cavalry was under the Command . . . — Map (db m127152) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement