Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Delta County Texas Historical Markers

 
Cooper Rail Depot Marker at former depot. image, Touch for more information
By Mark Hilton, June 25, 2018
Cooper Rail Depot Marker at former depot.
Texas (Delta County), Cooper — 18129 — Cooper Rail Depot
On NW 7th Street at West Dallas Street (State Route 154), on the left when traveling north on NW 7th Street.
Built in 1913, this Spanish Revival style brick depot for the Texas Midland Railroad serviced the town of Cooper and Delta County. While the railroad dealt mainly in freight, the depot focused on facilitating passenger service, functioning as a stop . . . — Map (db m119722) HM
Texas (Delta County), Cooper — 6932 — Delta County
On Texas Route 154 at Farm to Market Road 1529, on the right when traveling west on State Route 154.
Formed from Lamar and Hopkins Counties Created July 29, 1870 Organized October 6, 1870 The name describes its position and triangular shape Cooper, the county seat — Map (db m119291) HM
Texas (Delta County), Cooper — 6933 — DeSpain Bridge (Site 4.2 miles Southwest)
On Texas Route 154 0.1 miles west of Texas Route 19, on the left when traveling west.
Located where the Bonham-Jefferson Road crossed the South Sulphur River, this pioneer bridge served the area's rich cotton trade for some 20 years. It was constructed before 1850 by landowner Brig DeSpain and his neighbors to provide access to . . . — Map (db m119785) HM
Texas (Delta County), Cooper — 6936 — First National Bank
On West Side Square at West Dallas Avenue (State Route 154), on the left when traveling north on West Side Square.
Oldest bank in Delta County. Founded 1889 as private firm operating in a grocery store. Chartered as a national bank 1891. Erected this building 1909. Guaranty State Bank merged with First National 1925. This bank has had continued growth. . . . — Map (db m119723) HM
Texas (Delta County), Cooper — 6944 — Hiram Rattan (Homesite 3/10 mi.; grave 4/10 mi. north)
On Texas Route 154 east of County Road 1070, on the right when traveling west.
Delta County pioneer, born 1805. Settled in Texas, 1835, on brother Larkin Rattan's 1,000-acre land grant; later became site for city of Paris. Both Rattan families moved to Delta County in 1839. Hiram obtained two third-class land grants for . . . — Map (db m119786) HM
Texas (Delta County), Cooper — 6948 — The Texas Livery Stable
On West Dallas Avenue (Texas Route 154), on the right when traveling west.
Had animal-drawn vehicles and saddle horses for hire. Served doctors on calls; people arriving on or meeting trains; lawyers attending court;"drummers" (salesmen) on local rounds; land seekers; hunters and fishermen; young men courting; ladies out . . . — Map (db m119720) HM

6 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement