Daniel Davis was born on December 18, 1808, in Amesbury, Essex County, Massachusetts, the third child of Wells Davis and Mary Kelly Davis. As a young man Davis traveled to Nauvoo, Illinois, where he was converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of . . . — — Map (db m127586) HM
George Quinn McNeil was born to John McNeil and Mary Jane Quinn McNeil on January 4, 1865, in Bountiful, Utah. He married Adriane Marie Thomas on August 15, 1888. They lived on the family farm located on the southeast side of Bountiful City. Today . . . — — Map (db m127588) HM
Heber C. Kimball was born on June 14, 1801 to Solomon Farnham Kimball and Anna Spaulding Kimball in Sheldon, Franklin County, Vermont. He married Vilate Murray on November 7, 1822.
Kimball was converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of . . . — — Map (db m127584) HM
This site was surveyed August 1, 1852 and the mill (largest of it's time in Utah) was dedicated May 6, 1853.
Built on rock foundation with solid adobe walls trimmed with red sandstone, this Burr mill operated until 1892, when roller mills . . . — — Map (db m125132) HM
The Heber C. Kimball Gristmill, the foundation of which can be seen just east of this monument, was in operation from 1852 until 1892, using these burr-type gristmill stones. When the use of roller mills was introduced, mills of this type were no . . . — — Map (db m125133) HM
George Pilling Adams was born in the old Kay's Ward in 1857 and attended school in what came to be known as Kaysville. George grew up on a farm and became a farmer by trade before his marriage to Ann Eliza Forbes in December of 1876. He built this . . . — — Map (db m125212) HM
Built in 1854 by John Weinel a native of Germany who came to Utah about 1853, the mill was the “overshot” water powered type & was erected on Webb’s Creek ¼ mile N.E. of this site. Native stones were used for the walls and pines for it’s . . . — — Map (db m123714) HM
Born 18 Feb 1792, Vermont. Died 17 Feb 1886, Layton, Utah.
Married Almira Cadwell 1823 and had 7 children.
Married Malinda Railey 1837 and had 7 children.
Elias was a War of 1812 veteran serving in Colonel Forsyth's regiment of riflemen and . . . — — Map (db m133561) HM
“On March 4, 1905 we moved to Syracuse with all our possessions laoded in an old iron tired wagon. Our furniture consisted of a new bedstead and dresser, and our other household needs. A cupboard, table, chairs, and kitchen stove were all . . . — — Map (db m123765) HM
The signature scene, the dangerous buffalo hunt from the movie The Covered Wagon, was filmed on Antelope Island. Released in 1923, it was one of the most successful films of the silent era and the first epic western ever produced. An original . . . — — Map (db m125213) HM
About 1872 the first soil was plowed in this community and in 1876-77 homes were erected. The people attended church services in Kaysville and Farmington prior to 1882 when Pres. Wm. R. Smith of Davis stake organized a branch of the L.D.S. church . . . — — Map (db m123767) HM
The Old Emigrant Road started at Salt Lake City, Utah, and ended at the City of the Rocks, Idaho, where it formed a junction with the California Trail. This road was also known as Bluff Road, Old Traveled Road, and the Salt Lake Cutoff. It was . . . — — Map (db m124032) HM