Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Piute County Utah Historical Markers

 
Circleville Marker image, Touch for more information
By Bill Kirchner, June 14, 2014
Circleville Marker
Utah (Piute County), Circleville — 366 — Circleville
Circleville was settled in 1864 by a group of pioneers from Sanpete County. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints organized a branch, William J. Allred, Presiding Elder. Land was cultivated and homes erected. In 1865 the Black Hawk . . . — Map (db m74778) HM
Utah (Piute County), Junction — N-25 — Piute County Courthouse
Built 1902-1903. Architect: R.C. Watkins. Constructed by: Young, Allen & Morrill. — Map (db m74780) HM
Utah (Piute County), Marysvale — 320 — Marysvale Daughters of Utah Pioneers
In 1864 several families of Latter-day Saints settled in this valley but were forced to evacuate because of Indian troubles. Here in 1868 miners discovered precious metal, and took possession of the area. April 15, 1883, a branch of the L.D.S. . . . — Map (db m74781) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement