Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Wayne County Utah Historical Markers

 
Fruita Schoolhouse image, Touch for more information
By Robert L Weber, June 20, 2010
Fruita Schoolhouse
Utah (Wayne County), Fruita — Fruita Schoolhouse
Mormon settlers valued education highly. Therefore it is not surprising that the Fruita residents donated the land, materials, and labor for this schoolhouse and the money for teachers' pay. The building opened in 1896. Eight grades were taught in . . . — Map (db m39216) HM
Utah (Wayne County), Loa — 271 — Allred Point
Early in 1876 Andrew Jackson Allred was called by Brigham Young to lead a group of settlers into Rabbit Valley, including ten members of the Allred family, W.W. Morrel and son Silas, William and Henry Maxfield. They built their homes east of Fremont . . . — Map (db m138059) HM
Utah (Wayne County), Lyman — 393 — Fremont Park
In 1853, Lt. Colonel John C. Fremont mapped a new trail and made daily astronomical observations from Green River to Parowan, Utah. In his party of 22 were: S.N. Carvalho, artist and daguerreotypist, Mr. Von Egloffstein, topographer with assistants . . . — Map (db m138061) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement