On State Highway 21 east of 16th Avenue, on the left when traveling east.
On July 11, 1859, Mr. Halvor Olson offered this 1/2 acre of his land to be used as a cemetery for the members of the Evangelical Lutheran Church (Hauge Synod) here in the Roche a Cree (Arkdale) settlement. People of the community outside the . . . — — Map (db m7368) HM
On 18th Avenue 0.3 miles north of Cumberland Avenue, on the right when traveling south.
On this site once stood a Lutheran Church of the Norwegian Synod, from the years 1887 to 1921. This church developed because of a disagreement on some doctrinal points with the United Lutheran Church which stood one half mile south of here.
. . . — — Map (db m4657) HM
On Cypress Avenue west of 18th Avenue, on the left when traveling west.
In 1850, a group of Norwegian settlers from Koshkonong, the foremost Norwegian settlement colony in the United States at the time, left their southern Wisconsin home and migrated north, settling here in "Roch-a-Cree" or Roche-a-Cri. Imbued with . . . — — Map (db m36123) HM
On 18th Avenue at Cumberland Avenue, on the left when traveling south on 18th Avenue.
In 1853, Norwegian immigrants to this area, organized the Norwegian Evangelical Church of Roche-a-Cri, in 1860. A log church was constructed one mile south of this location. It was destroyed by fire in 1866. A frame church was then erected on this . . . — — Map (db m4658) HM
Near State Highway 13 0.3 miles north of Czech Avenue, on the left when traveling north.
This prominent butte, perhaps the steepest hill in Wisconsin, was called La Roche-a-Cri by 17th and 18th century French voyageurs. Rising 300 feet above the surrounding plain, this landmark undoubtedly guided Indians and early pioneers. Indians of . . . — — Map (db m19822) HM
On Main Street (State Highway 13) at West Third Street, on the right when traveling north on Main Street.
POWs – MIAs
Designed by Cpl. Donald E. Hahn
34th and 19th Reg.
Cpl. Mitchell Red Cloud . . . — — Map (db m37091) HM
On Bighorn Drive 0.6 miles west of County Highway Z, on the left when traveling west.
Ira and Ransom Gleason, father and uncle to Charlotte and Francis Marion Rous set aside the original acre of land for this cemetery, from the land they obtained through the Public Lands Act of 1820. This plaque in memory of Edna Rous Russell and . . . — — Map (db m7534) HM
Near County Road D near 10th Avenue, on the right when traveling east.
Duty, Honor, Country
We dedicate this monument to
all our service men and women
in all wars and conflicts.
United States Army
United States Marines
United States Navy
United States Air Force
United States Coast Guard . . . — — Map (db m41686) WM