Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Search Results

392 markers matched your search criteria. The first 200 markers are listed. Next 192
 
Post House Marker image, Touch for more information
By Yugoboy
Post House Marker
New York (Cattaraugus County), Allegany — Allegany Veterans Memorial
Allegany Veterans Memorial Casualties of WWI Michael O Connell Feb 15 1918 Joseph Collins 27 Oct 3 1918 Claude Slocum Oct 19 1918 Pvt. Charles J Harbel 27 Nov 9 1918 Sgt Maurice C Briody 24 1918 Casualties of WWII . . . — Map (db m60168) WM
New York (Cattaraugus County), Ellicottville — Ellicottville Town Hall
Ellicottville, Cattaraugus County, N.Y. was entered on the National Register of Historic Places April 4, 1973 — Map (db m60150) HM
New York (Cattaraugus County), Ellicottville — First Frame House
In Ellicottville, 1817 Early Courts of County and meetings of Board of Supervisors held here — Map (db m60149) HM
New York (Cattaraugus County), Ellicottville — In Memory of Those From Ellicottville
In Memory of Those from Ellicottville who served in World War I and World War II and especially the following who paid the supreme sacrifice Egbert L. Barnhard William N. Burton Douglass D. Dineen Alton G. Eastman Irvin T. Ebert . . . — Map (db m60153) HM
New York (Cattaraugus County), Knapp Creek — The Settlement of Knapp Creek
The Settlement of Knapp Creek, formerly known as Knapps Creek, was a genuine boomtown in the early days of the Bradford Oil Field, beginning about 1877. It was on a narrow gauge railroad and later an electric street car line. The town boasted a . . . — Map (db m60154) HM
New York (Cattaraugus County), Olean — 1804-2004
In recognition of Olean's 200th birthday, we dedicate this prehistoric Olean conglomerate rock. In 1804 Major Adam Hoops bought a large parcel of land at Olean Point and founded our city. We celebrate that occasion and honor all of our citizens and . . . — Map (db m60155) HM
New York (Cattaraugus County), Olean — Historic SIte
Approximately 100 feet south of this spot stood the home of Frank W. Higgins. Elected State Senator in 1894 -- Lieut. Governor in 1902 -- Governor of the State of New York in 1905-06. A distinguished citizen and businessman who contributed greatly . . . — Map (db m60167) HM
New York (Cattaraugus County), Olean — Major Adam Hoops
In Memory of Major Adam Hoops A soldier of the Revolution and founder of Olean, N.Y. 1804 and to keep in remembrance the patriots of the War for Independence who are buried in Cattaraugus County, New York — Map (db m60156) HM
New York (Cattaraugus County), Salamanca — Sweet Water Spring
The Sweet Water Spring was discovered in the late 1880s when the Patterson Lumber Company, blasting to create a logging road over South Mountain, ruptured an underground vein that produced an abundance of free-flowing water. Work crews enjoyed the . . . — Map (db m60092) HM
New York (Chautauqua County), Kennedy — Evelynn M. Crandall
First woman to serve as a Chautauqua County Legislator Evelynn M. Crandall Elected from District 7 Years of service 1978-1981 & 1984-1989 Remembered for her dedication to local history — Map (db m60147) HM
New York (Chautauqua County), Kennedy — Gertrude A. Williams
First woman justice of New York State Gertrude A. Williams Years of service 1920 to 1924 Site of her former residence where she held court. — Map (db m60145) HM
New York (Chautauqua County), Kennedy — Kennedy Mills
First commercial enterprise in southeastern Chautauqua County Doctor Thomas Ruston Kennedy built first mill October 1805 after purchase of 3000 acres in the area which became the Town of Poland — Map (db m60146) HM
New York (Clinton County), Standish — Catalan Forge Furnace - 1881
Catalan Forge Furnace - 1881 Standish (Williamstown) made brick-like blooms from one of Saranac River Mines 1886 - Replaced by blast furnace & ore from Lyon Mt. — Map (db m57311) HM
New York (Franklin County), Brainardsville — Catalan Forge
On this site was built in 1874 the world's largest Catalan Forge abandoned in 1893. — Map (db m57267) HM
New York (Franklin County), Malone — Almanzo Wilder
Home of Almanzo Wilder from 1857-c.1875. His boyhood experiences here described by his wife Laura Ingalls Wilder, the writer, in Farmer Boy. — Map (db m57266) HM
New York (Franklin County), Malone — Arsenal Green
Deeded to state 1812 for public parade ground. Used on training days. Stone arsenal built 1812, remained until about 1855 — Map (db m57265) HM
New York (Franklin County), Malone — Congregational Church
Organized 1807. First church building in county 1826: Second 1856: Present 1883. First pastor, Ashbel Parmelee — Map (db m57264) HM
New York (Franklin County), Malone — Foote Tavern
Site of Foote Tavern 1807-13: U.S. Hospital 1813-14. Original House moved to Franklin Street 1892 and site used for Armory — Map (db m57261) HM
New York (Franklin County), Malone — Franklin Co. Fair
Held here since 1852 and described by L.I. Wilder in Farmer Boy. Marshalling site for two Irish Fenian invasions of Canada. — Map (db m57179) HM
New York (Franklin County), Paul Smiths — Forest Fire 1885 - 1935
During October 1908 DeBar Mt. was burned over by a forest fire that extended to 6,000 acres. Prevent forest fires. — Map (db m57180) HM
New York (Franklin County), Paul Smiths — The Site of Camp S-60 Barnum Pond - Town of Brighton 1933-1942
The Site of Camp S-60 Barnum Pond - Town of Brighton 1933-1942 U.S. Civilian Conservation Corps Company 220 Paul Smiths, N.Y. Honored for these accomp[lishments: Fought fires, helped build Meacham Lake and Fish Creek Campsites, . . . — Map (db m57181) HM
New York (Franklin County), Saranac Lake — Wilderness Lady
Martha Reben 1911-1964 Her life here and her books about the Adirondacks inspired many. — Map (db m57312) HM
New York (Franklin County), Tupper Lake — The Big Mill
Here stood, from 1890-1930, the North Country's largest sawmill built by John Hurd. It had the longest bandsaw in the world and twice broke the world's record for lumber sawed in a day.

The Santa Clara Lumber Co. was its main operator. Hundreds . . . — Map (db m57118) HM

New York (Genesee County), Bergen — Bergen Village
1810 Buell's Corners - Tavern General, Shoe, Tailor shops Blacksmiths, Hotel, Church 1832 Bergen Corners 1877 inc. with Wardville — Map (db m58027) HM
New York (Genesee County), Bergen — Town of Bergen
Bergen chartered 1813 Part of Morris Reserve-Triangle and 100,000 tracts Rt. 19 opened 1801. Bergen Swamp - National landmark — Map (db m58025) HM
New York (Genesee County), Bergen — Village of Bergen
National Historic District Laid out as Wardville 1840s Railroad forwarding station destroyed by fire 1866 & 1880 incorporated as Bergen 1877 District Registered 1985 — Map (db m58026) HM
New York (Genesee County), Bergen — Ward Park Est. 2010
Named for Deacon Levi Ward whose family settled here in June 1807. His son, Dr. Levi Ward, was the first supervisor and assemblyman of Murray, a portion of which was named Bergen in 1813. Dr. Ward was responsible for mail delivery, road, canal, . . . — Map (db m58042) HM
New York (Genesee County), LeRoy — Herman Le Roy's Mill
Here the natural water power potential of Old Buttermilk Falls determined not only the village site, but in 1803, the erection of Stoddard and Platt's Pioneer Grist Mill. In 1822 Herman Le Roy, for whom the town was named, replaced this with a much . . . — Map (db m58065) HM
New York (Genesee County), LeRoy — Ingham University
On this campus Marietta and Emily Ingham of Saybrook, Connecticut, founded Le Roy Female Seminary, which became, by charter on April 28, 1857, the first university for women in the United States, granting degrees in the humanities, fine arts and . . . — Map (db m57315) HM
New York (Genesee County), LeRoy — Ingham University Campus Site of First Women's University
Founded by Marietta and Emily Ingham in 1837, as the Le Roy Female Seminary; incorporated in 1852 as the Ingham Collegiate Institute; chartered in April 28, 1857 as Ingham University with a literary college, college of fine arts, and the . . . — Map (db m57316) HM
New York (Genesee County), LeRoy — Roswell Parmelee
Genesee County's only known French & Indian War veteran Pioneer of Stone Church Died 1811 age 72 buried in Fort Hill Cemetery Le Roy — Map (db m57317) HM
New York (Genesee County), LeRoy — Site of Log School House
Built in 1805 by first settlers Alexander McPherson 1801 Francis LeBarron 1804 Philemon Nettleton 1804 Gideon Forgdham 1804 — Map (db m57399) HM
New York (Genesee County), LeRoy — Town of LeRoy
Established on June 8, 1812 as the town of Bellona Renamed Le Roy in 1813 First town meeting on this site April 6, 1813 — Map (db m57401) HM
New York (Genesee County), Pavillion — Town of Pavillion
Formed from Covington, Wyoming Co., May 19, 1841. In 1842, a portion of the townships of Le Roy & Stafford were annexed. — Map (db m57400) HM
New York (Genesee County), Stone Church — Bergen Museum
Bergen Museum of Local History. Opened in 1966. Built as frame two-room school house in 1843. Covered with stucco 1918 Last used as school in 1957. — Map (db m57313) HM
New York (Jefferson County), Watertown — Watertown Region Historic New York
Where the North Country touches Lake Ontario is the western gateway to the Adirondacks. Although reached by Samuel de Champlain in 1615, and viewed by other French explorers, La Salle and Frontenac, this area was an unsettled wilderness until some . . . — Map (db m57115) HM
New York (Lewis County), Bonaparte — The French Emigres Historic New York
Following the social upheavals of the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Era, some French aristocrats sought refuge in the wilderness of Northern New York. The vast Macomb Purchase provided lands for speculators who sold to French promoters. In . . . — Map (db m57116) HM
New York (Livingston County), Avon — 5 Arch Bridge
Built 1856-57 by the Genesee Valley RR to span the Conesus Outlet. The 200 ft. long x 12 ft. wide limestone bridge was part of the Rochester-Avon-Geneseo-Mt. Morris Line. Avon became a RR hub connecting Buffalo-Rochester-Corning-Hornell. The line . . . — Map (db m58050) HM
New York (Livingston County), Avon — South Avon
Farming & industrial community dating from 1800 with a school, blacksmith, grange hall, factories & mills. Chadwick Tavern built 1830. — Map (db m58049) HM
New York (Livingston County), Caledonia — Caledonia
Organized 1803 as town of Southampton; name changed to Caledonia 1806; Scottish emigrants settled 1799 Village incorporated 1891 — Map (db m58020) HM
New York (Livingston County), Caledonia — Caledonia
Organized 1803 as town of Southampton; name changed to Caledonia 1806; Scottish emigrants settled 1799 Village incorporated 1891 — Map (db m58246) HM
New York (Livingston County), Caledonia — Erected 1826
By Major Gad Blakslee Early Post Office First Bank Apothecary Shop Now Caledonia Library — Map (db m58018) HM
New York (Livingston County), Caledonia — Erected 1827
By James R. Clark Early tavern, post office, early bank, library Certified by Historic American Buildings Survey — Map (db m58019) HM
New York (Livingston County), Caledonia — In Memory of a Soldier
In memory of a soldier of the War of 1812 buried here 1814 My brave lad he sleeps In his faded coat of blue In his lonely grave unknown Lies the heart that beat so true — Map (db m58244) WM
New York (Livingston County), Caledonia — John Hugh McNaughton
1826-1891 Lived here 20 years Famous Poet & Song Writer — Map (db m58242) HM
New York (Livingston County), Cuylerville — Genesee Castle
or Little Beard's Town De-O-Nun-Da-Ga-A (Where the Hill is Near) This principal village of the Senecas was destroyed in 1779 and was the farthest point reached by General John Sullivan and an army of four thousand men acting under direct . . . — Map (db m58056) HM
New York (Livingston County), Cuylerville — National Hotel
Built circa 1840 along the Genesee Valley Canal. Listed Dec. 6, 2004 in the National Register of Historic Places. — Map (db m58064) HM
New York (Livingston County), Cuylerville — Routes of the Armies
Routes of the Armies of General John Sullivan and General James Clinton 1779 An expedition against the hostile Indian nations which checked the aggressions of the English and Indians of the frontier of New York and Pennsylvania, extending westward . . . — Map (db m58058) HM
New York (Livingston County), Cuylerville — The International Society of Arboriculture and the National Arborist Association
Jointly recognize this significant tree in the bicentennial year as having lived here during the American Revolutionary Period. 1776-1976 — Map (db m58055) HM
New York (Livingston County), Cuylerville — This wayside shrine marks the place
This wayside shrine marks the place where on September 14, 1779 two young soldiers of the Revolution Lieutenant Thomas Boys and Sergeant Michael Parker met death undaunted in the line of duty after lingering torture. They marked with their blood . . . — Map (db m58057) HM
New York (Livingston County), Fowlerville — Fowlerville
Genesee Valley Canal port. Named for Wells Fowler, the first settler and postmaster 1816. Canal Warehouses and tavern called Spencerville. — Map (db m58637) HM
New York (Livingston County), Geneseo — Big Tree Lodge
In early days this was the home of banker Allen Ayrault and his wife Bethia. The Ayraults, promoters of business, civic, cultural and religious interests in the Valley, built this mansion in 1833 and called it "Big Tree Lodge". It was enlarged for . . . — Map (db m58054) HM
New York (Livingston County), Geneseo — Geneseo Historic District
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior November 9, 1977 — Map (db m58052) HM
New York (Livingston County), Geneseo — Site of First Church
Geneseo's first church building occupied this site, facing the Village Square, from 1818 until 1884. This Presbyterian Church, known as "The White Church", contained in its tower a four-sided town clock, also a good bell, paid for in wool by Pioneer . . . — Map (db m58053) HM
New York (Livingston County), Geneseo — Village Square
This Village Park is the site of the original settlement of Geneseo. When the pioneer settlers, James and William Wadsworth, came from Connecticut in 1790, the village which they founded was laid out with this plot as a typical New England "Village . . . — Map (db m58051) HM
New York (Livingston County), Leicester — Boyd-Parker 2 Mi. →
Torture tree and burial mound. Western Limit Sullivan's Expedition 1779. Seneca Village Little Beard's Town — Map (db m58639) HM
New York (Livingston County), Leicester — D. L. & W. Depot
Built 1915 as a rail link: Great Lakes to the Atlantic Listed Dec. 7, 2005 in the National Register of Historic Places. — Map (db m58640) HM
New York (Livingston County), Lima — 1668-1709
Near this site Catholic missionaries erected houses of worship in the westernmost Seneca villages of the Iroquois Confederacy. The Chapel of La Conception was built in 1668 at Totiakton (near Rochester Junction) St. Jean Chapel was erected in 1669 . . . — Map (db m58092) HM
New York (Livingston County), Lima — Gandichiragou
"At the forks of the trail" Name recorded 1634. Destroyed by Denonville's French Army 1687. Site also of Father Garnier's Chapel of St. Jean. — Map (db m58069) HM
New York (Livingston County), Lima — Kenneth B. Keating
Born May 18, 1900 in Lima. One of America's greatest patriots. Veteran of World War I & II, Congressman, Senator and U.S. Ambassador. — Map (db m58091) HM
New York (Livingston County), Lima — Repulse Fire Co.
The first fire company in Livingston County, formed in 1830. Reorganized; 1876 as Centennial Fire Dept., in 1927 as Lima Fire Dept. — Map (db m58070) HM
New York (Livingston County), Lima — Ska-Hase-Ga-O
Site of Ska-Hase-Ga-O (was-a-long-creek) A populous modern Seneca Indian village — Map (db m58067) HM
New York (Livingston County), Lima — Union Lodge No. 45
Mark Lodge formed at Lima 1809. Union Lodge chartered June 11, 1816. New Masonic Hall at four corners 1866. "Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set." — Map (db m58068) HM
New York (Livingston County), York — Brick School
District No. 8; built 1825. President Chester A. Arthur attended this school 1837-1842 — Map (db m58022) HM
New York (Monroe County), Bushnell's Basin — Bushnell's Basin
Historic District Western Terminus Erie Canal 1822-1825 1800's farming community Trolley stop R&E Railroad — Map (db m57681) HM
New York (Monroe County), Bushnell's Basin — Historic Landmark Early Burial Ground
1832-1950 Established on a one-acre tract of land given to the town by Joshua Scryver — Map (db m57707) HM
New York (Monroe County), Bushnell's Basin — Richardson Tavern
Beside old Erie Towpath at Hartwell's, now Bushnell's Basin, near Great Embankment western canal terminal 1821-1823 Shipping port until after 1850. — Map (db m62001) HM
New York (Monroe County), Chili — Chili Landmark
East Pultney Congregational Church organized 1816, sanctuary erected 1818. This structure, 1832. From a marsh wilderness, frontier Christians built a symbol of enduring beauty. — Map (db m58031) HM
New York (Monroe County), Churchville — B.T. Roberts
Founded Chili Seminary in 1866. His life and service is honored in the name of Roberts Wesleyan College chartered in 1949 — Map (db m58044) HM
New York (Monroe County), Churchville — Early Stage Stop
Here in 1867, the old tavern, stage stop and post office on historic Buffalo Road became the location of Chili Seminary, a school founded in 1866 by Benjamin Titus Roberts as the first educational institution for the Free Methodist Church of North . . . — Map (db m58045) HM
New York (Monroe County), Churchville — Founded 1843
Churchville Graded School occupied this building until 1895. A fine example of the lost art of building with cobblestones. — Map (db m58023) HM
New York (Monroe County), Churchville — Francis E. Willard
Great Temperance Leader was born in house standing on this site Sept. 28, 1839. The Willards left this home for Ohio two years later. — Map (db m58041) HM
New York (Monroe County), Churchville — Hotel Creek
28 settlers spent winter, 1806, in surveyor's cabin called "The Hotel." First Riga home, 1806, by Elihu Church, owner of this land — Map (db m58028) HM
New York (Monroe County), Churchville — In Memoriam
Francis E. Willard Born in Churchville, NY September 1839. Died February 17, 1898. An advocate of temperance who devoted her life to that cause. "By their fruits ye shall know them." — Map (db m58040) HM
New York (Monroe County), Churchville — Mill Site
Samuel Church, founder of the Village of Churchville, built a saw mill and flour mill on this site in 1810. — Map (db m58043) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Edmund Lyon Park
Opened in 1916 on land donated by Kate Gleason. Named after local financier Edmund Lyon. Original bandstand built in 1916, replaced in 1988. — Map (db m56270) HM
New York (Monroe County), East Rochester — Municipal Water System
Established in 1935 on this site, wells using the pre-glacial channel of the old Genesee River provided the Village of East Rochester with water until 1992. — Map (db m56266) HM
New York (Monroe County), Fairport — American Can Company
Sanitary can developed on this site by G.W. Cobb in 1904 — Map (db m57772) HM
New York (Monroe County), Fairport — Burying Ground
Opened 1826 by Fairport Burying Ground Society. In 1890 reorganized as Greenvale Cemetery. Early settlers buried here. — Map (db m57741) HM
New York (Monroe County), Fairport — Center Cemetery
Early burial ground established 1813 on land given by Lyman Barker — Map (db m57682) HM
New York (Monroe County), Fairport — De Land Chemical Co.
Site of Saleratus Works established 1852 by the De Land family. The product which sold internationally helped develop Fairport. — Map (db m57739) HM
New York (Monroe County), Fairport — Erie Canal Inn
Erected at Fullamtown 1822 by Elisha Fullan. Housed 1st Perinton Post Office. Moved here 1850. Site if the 1st Fairport Library. — Map (db m57769) HM
New York (Monroe County), Fairport — Hamlet of Egypt
Historic District Site of 1st town meeting Stagecoach and trolley stop Farming & canning center — Map (db m61903) HM
New York (Monroe County), Fairport — Hart's Woods
Has been designated a National Natural Landmark This site possesses exceptional value as an illustration of the nation's natural heritage and contributes to a better understanding of the environment — Map (db m57738) HM
New York (Monroe County), Fairport — Old Erie Canal 1825-1975
150th Anniversary commemorated Sept. 1975 — Map (db m57770) HM
New York (Monroe County), Fairport — Spice Mill
Near this site in 1883, the R.T. French Co. began milling spices. A fire in 1885 destroyed the plant causing move to Rochester. — Map (db m57773) HM
New York (Monroe County), Gates — Gates
Established March 30, 1802 as part of Northampton. June 10, 1812 named for General Horatio Gates, hero of Saratoga, 1777. Subdivided into Gates and Greece March 22, 1822. Geographical center of Monroe County. "County Cornerstone" — Map (db m60142) HM
New York (Monroe County), Gates — Town of Gates
Town of Gates Named in 1813 Last remnant of old town of Northampton — Map (db m60141) HM
New York (Monroe County), Greece — Henpeck
The Port of South Greece with the "8 Mile Grocery" and post office, School No. 12, apple dryhouse, 25 houses, and 2 doctors' offices was a busy Erie Canal stop in the 1800s. — Map (db m58066) HM
New York (Monroe County), Greece — Liberty Tree Memorial
This American Liberty Elm was named after "The Liberty Tree: Our Community's first Symbol of Freedom." On the morning of August 14, 1765, the people of Boston awakened to discover two effigies suspended from an elm tree in protest of the hated Stamp . . . — Map (db m62091) HM
New York (Monroe County), Greece — Old Ridge Road
Molded by the great glacier and long an Indian trail. Traveled by pioneers' oxcarts, covered wagons, stagecoaches. Town of Greece founded 1822. — Map (db m60144) HM
New York (Monroe County), Greece — Old Trolley Route
Old Trolley Route 1891-1925 Rochester-Grand View Beach and later Rochester-Manitou Railroad linked resorts of a gay era at the lakeside. — Map (db m62093) HM
New York (Monroe County), Henrietta — District No. 6
Built 1882 Closed 1944 No. 6 was one of 11 districts in Henrietta - 588 students 1 class - 8 grades - 18 pupils water pail - stove - two privies Commemorated 1993 — Map (db m58094) HM
New York (Monroe County), Henrietta — The East Henrietta Village
On this crossroads of East Henrietta and Lehigh Station Roads arose an early settlement known as the East Henrietta Village. It was critical to development of town. Early Buildings 1824 - Brick general store built at 3118 East Henrietta Road. . . . — Map (db m58095) HM
New York (Monroe County), Henrietta — The Headmaster's House and the Monroe Academy
This brick building at 3045 East Henrietta Road was built in 1826 for the headmaster of "The Monroe Academy", a secondary boarding school located across the street. The academy, built 1826 from bricks from the Deming Brickyard, was an impressive . . . — Map (db m58096) HM
New York (Monroe County), Henrietta — The West Henrietta Village
On this crossroads of West Henrietta and Erie Station Roads arose an early settlement known as the West Henrietta Village. It was critical to the development of the Town of Henrietta, NY.

Early Buildings: Chapman Hotel built 1821; second hotel . . . — Map (db m57777) HM

New York (Monroe County), Henrietta — West Henrietta Farm
Site of four-generation West Henrietta farming operation: The Tirabassi Farm Market, (1965-1995) and the Tirabassi Family Homestead (1932-2000) at 5569 West Henrietta Road. Established by Emidio Tirabassi of Sulmona, Italy and his sons Frank, . . . — Map (db m57776) HM
New York (Monroe County), Hilton — Hojack Railroad
Opened as Rome, Watertown & Ogdensburg RR, 1876. Fruit shipments by rail made Hilton prosper & grow. Last train ran March 31, 1978. — Map (db m60138) HM
New York (Monroe County), Irondequoit — Seneca People
With this marker, the Town of Irondequoit honors the Seneca People, whose ancient trails cross this land. We honor The Keepers of the Western Door who hunted and fished, lived and planted food here. To the People of the Great Hill, we . . . — Map (db m63994) HM
New York (Monroe County), Mumford — McArthur Cabin
Findley McArthur and son built 20x30 cabin 1803-1805 of oak & poplar from farm. Sen. McNaughton's office attached on east side. — Map (db m58021) HM
New York (Monroe County), Perinton — Town of Perinton Early Burial Ground 1817-1928
Established on a one-acre tract of land given to the town by the Northrup family. — Map (db m56268) HM
New York (Monroe County), Pittsford — Cartersville
An active shipping port on the Erie Canal. Horses were changed here in the Towpath era. — Map (db m61913) HM
New York (Monroe County), Pittsford — District #1
First school house in Monroe County was erected on this site in 1794. John Barrows was first teacher. — Map (db m57424) HM
New York (Monroe County), Pittsford — Erie Canal Albany to Buffalo
Begun 1817, completed 1825. Enlarged 1850's and early 1900's. This section opened 1822, making Pittsford an active commercial port. — Map (db m57405) HM
New York (Monroe County), Pittsford — Erie Canal Heritage Trail
"The Great Embankment" completed 1822 is one mile long, 70 feet high across Irondequoit Creek Valley — Map (db m57427) HM
New York (Monroe County), Pittsford — Phoenix Hotel
Federal style inn built about 1812 to serve Erie Canal and turnpike trade. Restored in 1967 — Map (db m57428) HM
New York (Monroe County), Pittsford — Pittsford Village
Founded August 1789 by Captain Simon Stone and Lieutenant Israel Stone — Map (db m57433) HM
New York (Monroe County), Pittsford — Seneca Trail
Crossing the Irondequoit's thickly wooded perilous valley. Here Gen. Denonville expected an Indian ambush enroute to Gannagaro, 1687. — Map (db m57435) HM
New York (Monroe County), Pittsford — Spring House - 1822
Resort hotel on stage route and near old lock 62 on the original Erie Canal renowned for sulphur springs nearby — Map (db m57431) HM
New York (Monroe County), Riga — Early Church
First Congregational Church of Riga. Church society started 1806. Building erected 1823, copy of Hinsdale, Mass. Church — Map (db m58035) HM
New York (Monroe County), Riga — Riga Academy
A flourishing school for boarding and day pupils was organized here in 1846. The building was earlier known as Thomson's Tavern. — Map (db m58036) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Austin Steward 1793-1869
Austin Steward, a freed slave, settled in Rochesterville in 1817, where he opened a butcher shop. In 1818, he constructed a two-story building on this site for his expanding grocery and dry goods store. Steward was a strong advocate of temperance . . . — Map (db m55772) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Battle of the Bulge
World War II This memorial is dedicated to the soldiers who fought in the bloodiest battle waged by the American army in World War II. The Ardennes Campaign was fought in Belgium and Luxembourg December 16, 1944 - January 25, 1945 Forcing the . . . — Map (db m62097) WM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Broad Street
Broad Street is built over the way of The Erie Canal Which was completed in1825 This section was last used in the season 1919 The canal was an artery carrying life to many communities The steady flow of commerce from the Great Lakes to the . . . — Map (db m63997) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Casconchiagon
Indian village at falls nearby. Occupied until 1819. — Map (db m58205) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Cobbs Hill Park / Cobbs Hill
Cobbs Hill Park Public land first acquired for the city's second distributing reservoir. Completed 1908. Capacity 144,000,000 Gallons. George Eastman donated land along Culver Road 1909 and with the financial help of other citizens the city . . . — Map (db m57402) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — County of Monroe
Created February 23, 1821 - Named for James Monroe Born April 28, 1758, Virginia - Died July 4, 1831, New York Major in the American Revolution - Senator from Virginia United States Minister to France and England Twice Governor of Virginia - . . . — Map (db m57092) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Crossroads of Transportation Rochester transitions from horse & wagon to canals, railroads, subway, buses and automobiles
Canals provide an inexpensive way to move people and goods 1825 The Erie Canal The Erie Canal connects the Hudson River and Lake Erie. The 363 miles of navigable waterway provided a cost-efficient way to transport goods to and from the . . . — Map (db m61901) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Curtis Point
Dedicated by the County of Monroe and the City of Rochester in honor of Ted Curtis Visionary advocate for the City of Rochester, the Genesee River and the Erie Canal 14 July 2011 On the 20th anniversary of the Corn Hill Waterfront & . . . — Map (db m57771) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — D. Matthew Brown, Jr.
Neighborhood United Association proudly dedicates this plaque in honor of D. Matthew Brown, Jr., one of Rochester's founders and a visionary for whom Brown Street was named. In 1816, Dr. Brown settled in Rochester where he and his brother . . . — Map (db m62090) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Ely House - 1837
Designed by Hugh Hastings for Hervey Ely in Greek temple style with wings occupied by Howard Osgood 1871-1905 and D.A.R. 1920- — Map (db m57091) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Erie Canal
Officially opened on October 26, 1825, the Erie Canal stretched 363 miles from Albany to Buffalo, connecting the Great Lakes with the Hudson River and the Port of New York. It carried thousands of pioneers from the east to Rochester and cut the cost . . . — Map (db m62082) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Frederick Douglass 1818-1895
Escaped Slave, Abolitionist, Suffragist, Journalist and Statesman. Founder of the Civil Rights Movement in America — Map (db m55840) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Genesee River Gorge: Geology
Post-glacial erosion has exposed the geologic history of Rochester extending back hundreds of millions of years. During the past 12,000 years the Genesee River has cut and shaped the underlying bedrock to form Rochester's gorge and three falls. . . . — Map (db m62086) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Genesee River Gorge: Industrial & Urban Development The Bausch Memorial Bridge and Surrounding Area
By 1855, ten grist mills, producing 500,000 barrels of flour annually, were located along Brown's Race. Twenty-five years later, power generated at Brown's Raceway estimated at 3,670 horsepower. It remained the most powerful water power system in . . . — Map (db m62085) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — George Eastman 1854-1932
Both the Eastman School of Music and its magnificent Eastman Theater are vivid examples of the extraordinary vision of George Eastman. The school, founded in 1921 as the first professional school of the University of Rochester, is one of the world's . . . — Map (db m63992) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Grove Place
Beginning in the twentieth century, this historic neighborhood, now known as Grove Place, was home to some of the leading families of Rochester, including George Selden, an eminent Rochester patent attorney and inventor of the automobile gasoline . . . — Map (db m62098) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Highland Park
Rochester's first park, offered in 1883 by Ellwanger & Barry Nursery; Accepted Jan. 13, 1888. Park Commission formed May 1, 1888. — Map (db m56107) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Historic Site in Journalism
On this site, Frederick Douglass (1817-1895) published an anti-slavery newspaper, The North Star, and succeeding journals from 1847 until 1863. He had escaped from slavery in his youth and become one of the most eloquent speakers and aggressive . . . — Map (db m55692) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Indian Town
In primitive wilderness here was a large Algonkin village whose bark cabins and tilled fields covered nine acres — Map (db m55886) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Jonathan Child
First Mayor of Rochester, 1834-1835, Built the House in 1838 and lived here with his wife, Sophia Eliza Rochester Child, until 1850 — Map (db m55820) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Kelsey's Landing
Freedom was assured for escaping slaves who boarded Canadian vessels here at the end of the Underground Railroad. — Map (db m58198) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Morrie E. Silver 1909-1974
The Man who saved baseball for Rochester in 1957, spearheading a stock drive he and 8,221 other bought shares in the team in order to purchase the franchise and stadium from the St. Louis Cardinals. This sculpture symbolizes his desire to preserve . . . — Map (db m58642) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark Erie Canal
National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark The Erie Canal Begun at Rome, N.Y., July 4, 1817 - Completed 1825 Benjamin Wright (1770-1842) Chief Engineer ASCE 1967 — Map (db m63996) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — On this site stood the Standard Brewing Company's main Brewery Building.
The Standard Brewing Company was established in 1889. The ornate building was designed by famed architect A.C. Wagner. The brewery specialized in porter and other ales. By 1915, the brewery was producing 50,000 barrels a year. Standard closed during . . . — Map (db m62088) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Pioneer School
First schoolhouse in Rochester was built of wood on this site, 1813. It was replaced by a two-story stone building, 1836, and by this structure, 1873. — Map (db m57090) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Pont de Rennes Pedestrian Bridge Historic Marker (Formerly Platt Street Bridge)
Historic Marker Pont de Rennes Pedestrian Bridge (Formerly Platt Street Bridge) Originally Built - 1891 Rochester Bridge and Iron Works Converted to Pedestrian Mall - 1980 — Map (db m55773) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Portage Trail
Past this spot ran the portage trail from Irondequoit Bay to Red Creek in Genesee Valley Park. Its eastern end was at the Indian Landing. The portage followed the direction of Highland Avenue and skirted the base of Mt. Hope. It formed the part of . . . — Map (db m57404) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Post House
Quakers Isaac and Amy Post hid 15 fugitives overnight in their house, a station on the Underground Railroad at this site. — Map (db m55689) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Rochester: Center of Freedom Isaac and Amy Post home - stop on the Underground Railroad
This site later became the home of the Hochstein School of Music Amy and Isaac Post personified the dedication to temperance, abolition of slavery and women's rights that distinguished Rochester as a center of freedom in America. . . . — Map (db m63989) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Rochester's Early Banks
Diagonally across Franklin Street stands a fine example of the work of esteemed Rochester architect J. Foster Warner. This traditional banking house was built in 20th century Byzantine Style in 1928 for the Rochester Savings Bank. It features . . . — Map (db m56296) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Second Erie Canal Aqueduct
Second Erie Canal Aqueduct Over Genesee River - Lower Level completed in 1842 Outstanding example of Erie Canal Construction and engineering Built in conjunction with the first major improvement and enlargement of the canal Nathan S. . . . — Map (db m63995) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Seward Seminary
Rosetta, daughter of Frederick Douglass was denied right to enroll at girl's [sic] private academy by the vote of one parent. — Map (db m55839) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Susan B. Anthony House Headquarters of the Suffrage Movement
A Suffragist and much more Susan B. Anthony lived in this house for the forty most active years of her life. This house was the site of her famous arrest for voting in 1872 and her death in 1906. It served as the headquarters for the National . . . — Map (db m58202) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Susan B. Anthony Voted Here
At a shop on this site on November 5, 1872, Susan B. Anthony and 14 women from this neighborhood voted in the presidential election. Two weeks later, Miss Anthony was arrested in her home on Madison Street for this illegal action. Women . . . — Map (db m61902) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — The 100 Acre Tract The Heart of the Village of Rochester
1788 The Seneca Indians ceded Oliver Phelps & Nathaniel Gorham 2,600,000 acres of land east of the Genesee River and granted an additional 200,000 acres west of the river for a mill yard on condition that a mill be erected for their use. Phelps and . . . — Map (db m62080) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — The Genesee Brew House Building 1904
This building was constructed to serve as the Standard Brewing Company's state of the art bottling plant from 1904-1920. When the 18th Amendment was ratified, Standard ceased brewing operations. From the 1920's-1940's, this building housed several . . . — Map (db m62087) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Transformation of a Neighborhood From Pioneer Cemetery to Thriving Neighborhood
West Burying Ground In 1820 a lot in the woods, distant from the village, was purchased for a new cemetery. Col. Nathaniel Rochester Col. Nathaniel Rochester was buried here in the West Burying Ground in 1831. Burials were . . . — Map (db m61896) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Trophy Cannon
From the wreck of the Spanish Cruiser Castilla, Sunk by the American Squadron under Commodore George Dewey, in the Battle of Manila Bay, May 1st, 1898. American Squadron. Commodore George Dewey: Olympia, Baltimore, Boston, Raleigh, Concord, Hugh . . . — Map (db m56109) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rochester — Widewaters Field
These stones from the first aqueduct and the locks were set October 30, 1926 at the eastern widewaters to commemorate the first centenary of the Erie Canal presented to the City of Rochester — Map (db m57403) HM
New York (Monroe County), Rush — Hallock House
Frederick Douglass often visited Quaker Wm. Hallock who induced him to reject John Brown's violent plans to free the slaves. — Map (db m58093) HM
New York (Monroe County), Scottsville — Chili Cobblestone School Museum
The Chili District No. 4 School was built in 1848 and operated as such until 1952. On September 19, 1965, it was dedicated as a museum. Established by legislation passed February 22, 1822, the Township of Chili is believed to have been named after . . . — Map (db m57781) HM
New York (Monroe County), Scottsville — Early House
Built 1838 by Isaac Cox cobblestones selected for size by passing them thru iron rings. — Map (db m58240) HM
New York (Monroe County), Scottsville — Joseph Morgan
Revolutionary War captain, first settler in Chili in 1792. Supplied seed grain to whole region and set out one of first orchards. — Map (db m58017) HM
New York (Monroe County), West Rush — Honeoye Valley
Three Indian tribes have hunted, fished and tilled the soil here for thousands of years. — Map (db m58048) HM
New York (Onondaga County), Syracuse — Syracuse Area Historic New York
Onondaga Indians, the keepers of the council fires for the Iroquois League, lived here. French soldiers and Jesuit missionaries came from Canada in 1654 to seek their friendship. In that year, Father Simon Le Moyne discovered salt springs in the . . . — Map (db m57112) HM
New York (Ontario County), Canandaigua — Boathouse History
The City Pier was built in 1848, and the first boathouses were built during the 1850s. Simple wooden boathouses contained mostly small skiffs while larger ones housed sculling shells, sailing and steam yachts. By 1888, over eighty boathouses were . . . — Map (db m63990) HM
New York (Ontario County), Canandaigua — Granger Homestead
Home of Gideon Granger Postmaster Gen. in cabinets of Jefferson & Madison resident here 1814-1822 — Map (db m63987) HM
New York (Ontario County), Canandaigua — Routes of the Armies of General John Sullivan and General James Clinton 1779
An expedition against the hostile Indian nations which checked the aggressions of the English and Indians on the frontiers of New York and Pennsylvania, extending westward the dominion of the United States — Map (db m61893) HM
New York (Ontario County), Canandaigua — Squaw Island
The Island beyond this pier is known as Squaw Island, the smallest State Park in New York State. This area is the birth place of the Seneca Indian Nation, Keepers of the Western Gate of the Iroquois League. According to legend, the wives and . . . — Map (db m61906) HM
New York (Ontario County), Geneva — Cayuga-Seneca Canal Entrance
At this point in 1828, water from Seneca Lake was first released into the newly constructed Cayuga-Seneca Canal, forming a navigable link to the Erie Canal. The waterway enabled commerce to flow between Seneca and the Hudson River and soon became an . . . — Map (db m60113) HM
New York (Ontario County), Geneva — Fay & Bowen Engine Company
Known for its boats, the Fay & Bowen Engine Company built quality pleasure craft and marine and industrial engines near this site from 1904 to 1929. Fay & Bowen sold launches and runabouts worldwide that earned them the reputation - "None Better . . . — Map (db m60111) HM
New York (Ontario County), Geneva — Geneva Hotel
Site of Geneva Hotel Erected 1796 by Capt. Charles Williamson — Map (db m60096) HM
New York (Ontario County), Geneva — Log House
Site of Log House erected in 1787 later know as Clark Jennings Tavern — Map (db m60128) HM
New York (Ontario County), Geneva — Medical College
Site of Geneva Medical College Eliz. Blackwell received here in 1849 the first degree of M.D. ever conferred upon a woman. — Map (db m60095) HM
New York (Ontario County), Geneva — Pathmark Geneva Elizabeth Blackwell
Elizabeth Blackwell, a pioneer of modern, preventative medicine and the first woman in the United States to receive a medical degree, graduated at the top of her class from the Medical Institute of Geneva College in 1849. Three years later, in 1852 . . . — Map (db m60099) HM
New York (Ontario County), Geneva — Pathmark Geneva The Willows
The Willows along Seneca Lake date back to the 1890's. Additional trees were planted by the Winnek Post 396 of the American Legion after World War I to honor the lives lost in that war. The original Route 5 & 20 ran just a few feet from these trees . . . — Map (db m60102) HM
New York (Ontario County), Geneva — Pathmark Geneva The First Railroad
The first railroad appeared in Geneva in 1841. By the 1870's, railroads ran in all directions from Geneva. Over the years, the rail system expanded to include industrial and passenger service. Today the rail system is still used to bring raw . . . — Map (db m60123) HM
New York (Ontario County), Geneva — Pathmark Geneva Seneca Lake
The deepest of the eleven Finger Lakes, Seneca Lake measures 36 miles long, an average of three miles wide, and 618 feet deep at the deepest point. Because of its depth, the lake has frozen completely only four times since this region was . . . — Map (db m60124) HM
New York (Ontario County), Geneva — Pathmark Geneva Steamboats
At least 15 steamboats were built between 1828 and 1906 to run on Seneca Lake. The Lake's first steamboat, the Seneca Chief made its maiden voyage the length of the lake and back on July 3, 1828. Operated by Geneva Merchants, John B. and Robert . . . — Map (db m60126) HM
New York (Ontario County), Rushville — Marcus Whitman
Pioneer missionary patriot colonizer in Oregon Ter. Born here Sept. 4, 1802 — Map (db m61349) HM
New York (Ontario County), Victor — Athasata (Kryn) The Great Christian Mohawk Chief
In Perpetuation of the Name of Athasata (Kryn) The Great Christian Mohawk Chief Promoter of Peace - Respecter of Treaties - Defender of Righteousness - Valiant Warrior Leader of Indian Forces, forming one-third of the army of the De . . . — Map (db m61905) HM
New York (Ontario County), Victor — Rochester Area Historic New York
Seneca Indians often camped along the lower Genesee River where Rochester eventually developed. During the 17th century, French soldiers and missionaries visited the area. In 1803, Nathaniel Rochester, William Fitzhugh and Charles Carroll of . . . — Map (db m57114) HM
New York (Ontario County), Victor — Seneca Trail
Traversed by French Army of Denonville, 1687. Here were Seneca lodges where friendly Indian followers of trail were welcomed. — Map (db m61909) HM
New York (Ontario County), Victor — Victor Centennial, 1913
In this valley called by the Indians Dya-go-di-ya (Place of the Battle), the first division of De Nonville's army was ambushed by Seneca warriors July 13, 1687. With his second division the French leader overawed the Senecas, who fled, burning . . . — Map (db m61907) HM
New York (Saint Lawrence County), Star Lake — Star Lake
This lake was the first in the state to be stocked on application. Stocked with 40 M. Brook Trout fry from Caledonia Hatchery in 1889. — Map (db m57117) HM
New York (Seneca County), Waterloo — Strong Words Encourage Strong Convictions
"Dear Elizabeth, Rain or shine I intend to spend Sunday with you that we may all together concoct a declaration. I have drawn up one but you may suggest alterations & improvements for I know it is not as perfect a declaration as should go . . . — Map (db m60132) HM
New York (Seneca County), Waterloo — The Dempsey Building
William H. Dempsey built this building in 1896 at 41 Virginia Street. The two story building became a three story at the request of Seneca Masonic Lodge #113. The Lodge paid $2,500 for the third floor. This floor became the Masonic Lodge and the . . . — Map (db m60131) HM
New York (Seneca County), Waterloo — The Finger Lakes Historic New York
The Finger Lakes of central New York occupy deep north-south valleys bordered by beautiful sloping shore lines which are occasionally cut by picturesque glens and gorges. From west to east these sparkling lakes are Canandaigua, Keuka, Seneca, . . . — Map (db m57113) HM
New York (Seneca County), Waterloo — Women's Rights National Historic Park - Hunt House
Welcome to one of the few national parks dedicated to a social movement - women's rights. Here in Seneca Falls and Waterloo, in living rooms and on front porches, in private and in public, a group of five women started a movement that would . . . — Map (db m60136) HM
New York (Seneca County), Waterloo — Women's Rights National Historic Park - M'Clintock House
Welcome to one of the few national parks dedicated to a social movement - women's rights. Here in Seneca Falls and Waterloo, in living rooms and on front porches, in private and in public, a group of five women started a movement that would . . . — Map (db m60134) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — Erie Lock 60
Through these hallowed chambers passed untold thousands. Built in 1821Clinton's Ditch Lock #71 1841 Erie enlargement Lock #60 1874 doubled - 1888 lengthened — Map (db m61898) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Admiral William T. Sampson Memorial
Born in Palmyra, N.Y. Commander North Atlantic Squadron Spanish-American War cannon from Spanish ship 'Almirante Oquendo' Memorial dedicated May 31, 1903 — Map (db m61355) WM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Cumorah
4 mile south Cumorah Famous Mormon Hill and Angel Moroni monument. — Map (db m62095) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — First Church
Site of First Church in Palmyra 1811-1832 land given by General John Swift — Map (db m61353) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — First School House
1793 – 1805 First School House in Palmyra built here on land given by General John Swift. — Map (db m61352) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Grandin Print Shop
Canal Town 1789 Grandin Print Shop Book of Mormon first published here, 1830 — Map (db m62101) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Hill Cumorah Monument
This monument has been erected by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to commemorate the delivering of the Ancient American record known as the "Book of Mormon" to the prophet Joseph Smith on September 22, 1827.

The figure on top of . . . — Map (db m62096) HM

New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Palmyra Area Historic New York
Here before the white man came, lived the Cayuga and Seneca Indians. Their displacement after the Revolution, when many went to Canada, opened the land to settlers. Massachusetts which claimed a large portion of western New York sold its holdings to . . . — Map (db m62099) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Palmyra in History
1822 The Erie Canal was completed to Palmyra 1827 The Village of Palmyra was incorporated 1830 The Book of Mormon was printed in the Grandin Building. 1849 Palmyra held the first fair in New York State. It later became the Wayne County Fair. . . . — Map (db m61351) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Palmyra War Memorial
Army Marines Navy Citizens and patriots come forth and say Thank You to the men and women from Palmyra who served in the armed forces of the United States in time of peace and all wars. Air Force Coast Guard — Map (db m61895) WM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — This House
Built by Pliny Sexton in 1827 was a station of the Underground Railway in the days of slavery. — Map (db m62100) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — World War I Mortar
(German/Minnie/Woerfer) Given by the U.S. War Department as a war trophy in memory of Palmyra servicemen who gave their lives during America's participation in World War I (1917-1918) — Map (db m63986) WM
New York (Wyoming County), Attica — Site of U.S. CCC Camp #1285
Site of U.S. CCC Camp #1285 1935-1940 World War II P.O.W. Camp 1942-1945 — Map (db m62084) HM
New York (Wyoming County), Perry — Andrus Mill Pond
This view was from a point South of the Andrus planing mill looking West, and shows the "Andrus Pond" and culvert under Main Street.

The Andrus Mill pond was filled in. In 1999, it is the Perry Village's main parking lot on the East side of Main . . . — Map (db m58247) HM

New York (Wyoming County), Perry — Richmond-Andrus Mill Site
This site marks The Richmond Mill, constructed in 1822 as a sawmill. The Andrus family first became involved with the mill in 1872.

The 1915 History of Perry reports that the sawmill was operational. With 93 years in business, it was the oldest . . . — Map (db m58248) HM

New York (Wyoming County), Warsaw — 1853-1925 Ella Hawley Crossett
1890 founder of Warsaw Political Equality Club, 1902 Pres/ New York State Suffrage Association — Map (db m57775) HM
New York (Wyoming County), Warsaw — Warsaw's First House
Near this site Elizur Webster erected the first dwelling in Warsaw in the Summer of 1803 — Map (db m58250) HM
New York (Wyoming County), Wyoming — First Presbyterian Church
First Presbyterian Church of Middlebury organized with 15 members June 14, 1817 — Map (db m57314) HM
New York (Wyoming County), Wyoming — In Memory of those Soldiers
In memory of those Middlebury Citizens who served in defense of our freedoms — Map (db m58376) HM

392 markers matched your search criteria. The first 200 markers were listed. Next 192
Paid Advertisement