Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Search Results

 
Louis Hebert Marker image, Touch for more information
June 7, 2012
Louis Hebert Marker
Louisiana (Ascension Parish), Donaldsonville — Fort Butler UDC Monument
(center panel) The Finest of Texas and Arizona, Lives lost by river and bayou. We mark their graves, Remember their names: Brave Confederates who died At Fort Butler, June 28, 1863. Martha M. Boltz Virginia Division - . . . — Map (db m86049) WM
Louisiana (Ascension Parish), Geismar — Ashland
Plantation home of Duncan Farrar Kenner, 1813-1887; statesman, lawyer, planter and Confederate minister to France and England in 1864. Home also known as Belle Helene. — Map (db m96048) HM
Louisiana (East Baton Rouge Parish), Baton Rouge — 1958 National Champions
Overall Record: 11-0 | SEC Record 6-0 Head Coach Paul Dietzel The legendary 1958 team compiled LSU's first perfect season since 1908 and became the first squad in school history to win the national title. Looking to build on a previous season . . . — Map (db m98288) HM
Louisiana (East Baton Rouge Parish), Baton Rouge — Land Grant College / Sea Grant College
(plaque 1) Land Grant College Congress, through the Morrill Act of of 1862, donated 210,000 acres of public land to Louisiana to provide a college "For the benefit of Agriculture and the Mechanical Arts." The land and underlying . . . — Map (db m91023) HM
Louisiana (East Baton Rouge Parish), Baton Rouge — Louisiana's Old State CapitolNorth Boulevard at Lafayette
Its architectural style has been both celebrated and criticized, but there's no disputing Louisiana's Old State Capitol is one of the nation's most distinct public buildings. Renowned architect James Dakin chose the building's Gothic Revival design. . . . — Map (db m96602) HM
Louisiana (East Baton Rouge Parish), Baton Rouge — 10 — LSU Former Campus
In 1885, Louisiana State University moved from Mid-State city of Alexandria to this site, taking over the decommissioned Baton Rouge Arsenal. Nicknamed the "Old War Skule" on these grounds LSU saw its first intercollegiate football game, regular . . . — Map (db m87429) HM
Louisiana (East Baton Rouge Parish), Baton Rouge — Old State Capitol1850-1862, 1882-1932
This Gothic Revival structure was designed by James Harrison Dankin. The Louisiana Secession Ordinance was adopted here in 1861. The interior was burned in December 1862 while the building was occupied by Federal troops. Reconstructed by William . . . — Map (db m87892) HM
Louisiana (East Baton Rouge Parish), Baton Rouge — USCGC White AlderLouisiana Memorial Plaza — USS KIDD Veterans Memorial and Museum
Panel 1: USCGC WHITE ALDER/WLM-541 7 December 1968 In memory and honor of those shipmates who loyally served the United States Coast Guard on board the CGC WHITE ALDER. They gave the ultimate sacrifice. On December 7, . . . — Map (db m86508) HM
Louisiana (East Feliciana Parish), Port Hudson — Flag of Truce
"At this junction what was supposed to be a flag of truce was raised, and the rebels, thinking it was a signal for a cessation of hostilities, ceased firing along the line, during which the regiment sought and secured a safer position not quite . . . — Map (db m100643) HM
Louisiana (Jefferson Davis Parish), Jennings — Le Premier Puits de Pétrole
Le 21 septembre 1901 á Evangéline, á 5 milles au nord-est, le forage du puits no. 1 Jules Clement de la compagnie "Jennings Oil" fut terminé par W. Scott Heywood et ses associés. C'est ainsi que commença l'importante industrie louisianaise du . . . — Map (db m103076) HM
Louisiana (Jefferson Parish), Kenner — Korean War U.S. Navy Nurse Corps
Sponsored by Kenner State Naval Museum Commission Commission Members Pan Chism Burnsed · LTC (R) Theodore R. Dunigan · Denver Mulligan · Dominick L. Seandurro · Joseph P. Sunseri · Claude Todaro · Ryan F. Uhlich Dedicated May 24, 1996 The . . . — Map (db m94575) HM WM
Louisiana (Orleans Parish), New Orleans — Metairie Cemetery
Dedicated for cemetery purposes July 2, 1872 Recognized as one of the world's most unique and beautiful cemeteries Approximately 150 acres Formerly the Metairie Race Course Scene of the famous match races between LeCompte and . . . — Map (db m87275) HM
Louisiana (Saint Bernard Parish), Chalmette — Plantation of Pierre Denis De La Ronde(1762-1824)
Command Colonel Third Regiment of Louisiana in the Battle of New Orleans night skirmish of December 23, 1814, fought on the grounds of this and adjoining plantations. Main house served as temporary British headquarters and hospital January 8, 1815. . . . — Map (db m99296) HM
Louisiana (Saint Charles Parish), Destrahan — St. Charles Borromeo "Little Red Church"
First constructed of logs about 1740. Burned and rebuilt, 1806. Famous riverboat landmark, twenty-five miles from New Orleans where boat captains traditionally paid off their crews. Again burned and rebuilt about 1921. — Map (db m85770) HM
Louisiana (Saint Martin Parish), Cecilia — Louis Hebert
Approximately 100 yards to the West is the probable resting place of General Louis Hebert, C.S.A. Born in Iberville Parish in 1820, Hebert was graduated from West Point in 1845 third in his class. After an army service of two years, he resigned to . . . — Map (db m84916) HM
Louisiana (Saint Mary Parish), Franklin — Charles Austin O'Niell
Franklin native, Chief Justice Charles A. O’Niell, 1869-1951. On Louisiana Supreme Court bench, 1914-1949. Stamped as one of the state’s immortals for his contributions to law in the United States and the cause of justice and freedom. — Map (db m85067) HM
Louisiana (Saint Tammany Parish), Mandeville — Fontainebleau Plantation Sugar Mill
These ruins are all that remain of Fountainebleau Plantation, once the summer home and plantation of Bernard de Marigny. Born in 1785 to a family closely tied to the earliest colonial efforts in Louisiana, Marigny accumulated and lost a fortune in . . . — Map (db m103252) HM
Louisiana (Saint Tammany Parish), Slidell — Slidell Town Hall and Jail
Built in 1907, this building replaced the original wooden Jail and Mayor's Office. It was the Town Hall until 1954 and the Jail until 1963. The town's fire engine was located in the addition from 1928 until 1954. — Map (db m103256) HM
Louisiana (Tangipahoa Parish), Ponchatoula — PFC Raymond "Mike" Clausen, Jr.Medal of Honor USMC — 14 October 1947 - 30 May 2004
Citation For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving with Marine Medium Helicopter Squadron 263, Marine Aircraft Group 16, First Marine Aircraft Wing, during operations . . . — Map (db m99704) HM WM
Mississippi (Wilkinson County), Woodville — Wilkinson County War Memorial
Erected by the citizens of Wilkinson County in honor of all those who served in World War I - II and dedicated to those who gave their lives that freedom might live This monument also honors those of the following wars . . . — Map (db m93333) WM

20 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement