St. Augustine in St. Johns County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
(An Original House)
After the twenty year British occupation (1763-1783) Antonia was unsuccessful in reclaiming her "Little House of Stone." It was sold at public auction to Juan Sanchez in 1791 during the second Spanish occupation of St. Augustine.
Restoration of this house was begun in 1958 by Mr. and Mrs. Walter Scott Grawbuck, directed by Mr. William Jordan Daniell. The St. Augustine Historical Restoration and Preservation Commission, a Florida State Commission, authenticated this site and house historically and archaeologically in 1962. Its history and building plans are registered in the Library of Congress by the Historical American Building Survey.
Location. 29° 53.77′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 52 St George St, Saint Augustine FL 32084, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rodriquez-Avero-Sanchez House (here, next to this marker); Casa Avero (a few steps from this marker); Avero House (a few steps from this marker); The Minorcan Heritage (within shouting distance of this marker); Oliveros House (within shouting distance of this marker); La Florida's El Camino Real (within shouting distance of this marker); Casa de Nicolas de Ortega (within shouting distance of this marker); A Microcosm of Urban Archaeology in Downtown St. Augustine, Florida (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Augustine.
Regarding Rodriguez-Avero-Sanchez House. Added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places on April 16, 1971
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Rodriguez-Avero-Sanchez House.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 2, 2019. This page originally submitted on March 28, 2017, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 255 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 28, 2017, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.