The Old Cumberland Presbyterian Meeting House
Because of distance and road conditions, in 1870 members living in Concord established a church in town. They took with them the name Concord Cumberland Presbyterian Church and built in what is now the Masonic Cemetery. members continuing to worship at the original site renamed their church West Emory Cumberland Presbyterian Church. In 1906 both the Concord and West Emory Churches entered into union with the Presbyterian Church.
Location. 35° 51.867′ N, 84° 8.417′ W. Marker is in Concord, Tennessee, in Knox County. Marker is on 2nd Drive, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 11019 2nd Dr, Knoxville TN 37934, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Memorial for Cofounders of Campbell Station (approx. 1.1 miles away); Battle of Campbell's Station
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 2, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 2, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 118 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 2, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.