Idaho Falls in Bonneville County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
The Idaho Falls LDS Hospital and School of Nursing
The Hospital is remembered for compassionate service to all the people of the Upper Snake River Valley, regardless of race and religion. The Church divested its ownership 1st of April 1975, though under names of Idaho Falls and Riverview, the hospital continued serving the community until December 1986.
The building was located northeast of this monument. The monument resembles the original structure, and bricks therefrom were used in building it.
Erected 1990 by Eagle Rock Chapter, Sons of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 30.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 43° 29.855′ N, 112° 2.506′ W. Marker is in Idaho Falls Touch for map. Marker is located northwest of the traffic roundabout, in the park overlooking the Snake River, along the Idaho Falls Greenbelt Trail. Marker is in this post office area: Idaho Falls ID 83402, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Eagle Rock Meeting House (within shouting distance of this marker); Upper Snake River Valley Irrigation (within shouting distance of this marker); Native American Encampments (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Snake River Bridge (about 600 feet away); Prisoners of War in Idaho Falls (approx. 0.2 miles away); Idaho Falls Idaho Temple (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Odd Fellows (approx. ¼ mile away); Keefer's Island (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Idaho Falls.
More about this marker. Metal tablet mounted on large masonry marker, with pictorial tableaus of the subject hospital also mounted on the marker. The monument commemorates the original Latter-Day Saints Hospital, erected northeast of this site in Oct. 1923; and the Nursing School built in 1942. The monument's shape resembles the original hospital's structure and bricks from that building were incorporated into the
Also see . . . History of the Hospitals of Idaho Falls.
The Idaho Falls LDS Hospital opened in October 1923. The nursing students lived on the third floor of the hospital and patients occupied the first and fourth floors. In 1924, the second floor of the hospital opened for patients. By the late 1960s, the Idaho Falls LDS hospital had grown to 172 acute care beds... (Submitted on November 9, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 10, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 9, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 87 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 9, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.