Bastrop in Bastrop County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
created the municipality of Mina
1834, became the County of Mina
in the Republic of Texas 1836
Name changed to "Bastrop"
December 18, 1837, in honor of
Felipe Enrique Neri
Baron de Bastrop, 1770-1829
land commissioner of Austin's Colony
Member of the Congress of
Coahuila and Texas.
Bastrop, the County Seat
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 9152.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 30° 6.652′ N, 97° 17.68′ W. Marker is in Bastrop, Texas, in Bastrop County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 21 and Loop State Highway 150, on the right when traveling east on State Highway 21. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bastrop TX 78602, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lost Pines of Texas (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Gotier Trace (about 400 feet away); Early History of the City of Bastrop (about 500 feet away); Felipe Entrique Neri, Baron De Bastrop War Babies (approx. 0.7 miles away); Fairview Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); Thomas H. Mays (approx. 1.2 miles away); Captain James Burleson (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bastrop.
Also see . . . Bastrop County. from the Handbook of Texas Online (Submitted on June 13, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 14, 2018. This page originally submitted on June 13, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 34 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 13, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.