Port Washington in Ozaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Early Businessman, Entrepreneur, Land Speculator
Additions to Building circa 1900 and 1960
Restored by Port Washington
Historical Society, 2013
205 N. Franklin Street
Is a contributing building to the
Downtown Port Washington Historic District
National Register of Historic Places, 2000
By the United States
Department of the Interior
Location. 43° 23.324′ N, 87° 52.165′ W. Marker is in Port Washington, Wisconsin, in Ozaukee County. Touch for map. The marker is attached to the front of the Port Washington Historical Society Resource Center. Marker is at or near this postal address: 205 N. Franklin St., Port Washington WI 53074, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Wilson House (a few steps from this marker); Leland Stanford (within shouting distance of this marker); Schumacher Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Wisconsin Chair Company Fire (about 400 feet away); Sidewheel Steamer Niagara (about 400 feet away); Port Washington Civil War Draft Riot The Old Ozaukee County Courthouse (about 500 feet away); Wisconsin Street School Bell (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Washington.
Also see . . . Port Washington Downtown Historic District National Register Registration. (Submitted on July 22, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 22, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 22, 2018, by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 49 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 22, 2018, by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.