Site of the original home of city founder, Michael Ross. James and Carile Brown, benefactors of the local library, built their home here in 1875, which later became the residence of the Episcopal bishop and then a hospital. The building was destroyed by fire in 1919. The property is now part of Lycoming College.
Erected 2006 by City of Williamsport.
Location. 41° 14.584′ N, 76° 59.837′ W. Marker is in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, in Lycoming County. Marker is at the intersection of 3rd Street and Basin Street, on the left when traveling east on 3rd Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Williamsport PA 17701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Little League • Big Legacy (approx. ¼ mile away); Market Square (approx. ¼ mile away); Lycoming County (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lycoming College (approx. 0.3 miles away); Symbols Of Our Heritage (approx. 0.3 miles away); Architectural Artifacts
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Ross/Brown Homes.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 23, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 23, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 58 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 23, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.