Craigmont in Lewis County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Vollmer began as a rail and business center on the east, and Ilo (an older town a mile away) moved to an adjacent site on the west. Each had separate schools, churches, stores, newspapers, banks, and other businesses. After 12 years of sharp competition, they finally merged into an united community in 1920.
Erected by Idaho Department of Transportation. (Marker Number 331.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Idaho State Historical Society marker series.
Location. 46° 14.418′ N, 116° 28.26′ W. Marker is in Craigmont, Idaho, in Lewis County. Marker is at the intersection of Railroad Avenue and East Main Street, on the right when traveling east on Railroad Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Craigmont ID 83523, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Craigmont (approx. 0.7 miles away); Railroad Trestles Lawyer's Canyon (approx. 3.8 miles away); Lewis and Clark (approx. 3.8 miles away); Railroad Tunnels (approx. 8.8 miles away); Culdesac (approx. 13.3 miles away).
More about this marker. This marker is located in the City Park. It is duplicated may a marker on U.S. Highway 95.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 6, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 6, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 42 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 6, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.