Karnes City in Karnes County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Created February 4, 1854
Organized February 27, 1854
Named in honor of
Henry Wax Karnes
Conspicuous for gallantry at
storming of Bexar
Commanded a company at
Texas Ranger in 1838
County seat, Helena, 1854-1894
Karnes City, since
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 6073.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 28° 53.106′ N, 97° 54.076′ W. Marker is in Karnes City, Texas, in Karnes County. Marker is at the intersection of North Panna Maria Avenue (Business State Highway 123) and West Calvert Avenue (Business U.S. 181), on the right on North Panna Maria Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 105 N Panna Maria Ave, Karnes City TX 78118, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Karnes County Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Gregorio Cortez (approx. 8 miles away); Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church El Fuerte del Cibolo (approx. 8.9 miles away).
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 14, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 13, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 26 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 13, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.