The house was purchased in 1932, from the Springfield State Bank, by George Robertson Haydon and his wife Charlotte Simms. They owned the Haydon Mill & Grain Co. in Springfield.
An architectural change was made by the Haydons in 1939 when they added the Greek Revival portico to the front of the home. The house has since been remembered for its gala parties, weddings and happy times.
In 1977 George Lloyd Haydon, III, son of G.R. and Charlotte, and his wife Betty Jane Thompson, purchased the home from his parents’ estate. They still reside here today and have seven children.
House of History (approx. ¼ mile away); John Pope, 1770-1845 (approx. ¼ mile away); Jesse Head Homesite (approx. ¼ mile away); Korean War Marker (approx. 0.3 miles away); Morgan in Springfield (approx. 0.3 miles away); On Civil War Routes (approx. 0.3 miles away); E. Gregory Goatley Law Office (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Springfield.
Location. 37° 41.325′ N, 85° 13.078′ W. Marker is in Springfield, Kentucky, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Walnut Street and East Grundy Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Walnut Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Springfield KY 40069, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Elenores (within shouting
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Cunningham-Haydon House.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 17, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 14, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 57 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 14, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. 2. submitted on August 17, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. 3. submitted on August 14, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.