Lewiston in Nez Perce County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Built of white pressed brick, the 1906 building was on former site of Valley Lumber Company. It became headquarters for the Mark Means Seed Company and remained so until 1953. Ardie Gustafson, a one-time Lewiston Mayor and world-renowned agronomist, experimented with the genetics of peas in the basement laboratory.
Erected by Lewiston Historic Preservation Commission.
Location. 46° 25.32′ N, 117° 1.71′ W. Marker is in Lewiston, Idaho, in Nez Perce County. Marker is on D Street near 4th Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 313 D Street, Lewiston ID 83501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old City Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Pacific Northwest Bell Building (Historic Name) (about 300 feet away); Lewis and Clark Site of Luna House (about 400 feet away); Kettenbach Building (about 600 feet away); Firsts in Lewiston (about 600 feet away); Tsceminicum (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lewiston's Chinese Community (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewiston.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Means Building.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 15, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 15, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 69 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 15, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.