Wesson in Copiah County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Site of a hotel since 1864, this structure was built ca. 1877. Known originally as the Richardson House, the hotel was owned by Mississippi Mills, a once-flourishing textile mill founded by J.M. Wesson in 1864.
Erected 1975 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Location. 31° 41.998′ N, 90° 23.792′ W. Marker is in Wesson, Mississippi, in Copiah County. Marker is at the intersection of East Railroad Avenue and Hotel Street, on the left when traveling north on East Railroad Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wesson MS 39191, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mississippi Mills (approx. ¼ mile away); Houston Stackhouse (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Wesson Public School (approx. 0.4 miles away); Copiah-Lincoln Agricultural High School (approx. 0.6 miles away); New Sight School (approx. 4.3 miles away); Smith/Furr Pioneer Homesite (approx. 5.3 miles away); Heucks Retreat School (approx. 5.8 miles away); Pearlhaven (approx. 8.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wesson.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 26, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 26, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 48 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 26, 2018.