Burton in Geauga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
In Commemoration of Rev. Joseph Badger
Pioneer Missionary and Educator of the Western Reserve
Founder of the Burton Academy in this village in 1805
Marked on July 24, 1926
Erected 1926 by The Western Reserve Society, Sons of the American Revolution.
Location. 41° 28.325′ N, 81° 8.733′ W. Marker is in Burton, Ohio, in Geauga County. Marker can be reached from West Park Street 0.1 miles south of Spring Street. Touch for map. Located in Burton Village Green. Marker is in this post office area: Burton OH 44021, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Erected to the Memory of the Soldiers of the American Revolution (within shouting distance of this marker); Burton Congregational Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Burton, Ohio-First Permanent Settlement in Geauga County / The Village Green (within shouting distance of this marker); Civil War Cannon (within shouting distance of this marker); The Second High School / The Burton Public Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Under This Penstock Base Burton (about 500 feet away); The Burton Village Historic District (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Burton.
Categories. • Education • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 1, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 1, 2018, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 53 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 1, 2018, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.