Oxford in Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Baptists of Oxford
Near this place the Baptists of Oxford worshipped from 1661 to 1715 in the house of Richard Tidmarsh (minister 1661 – 1691). Baptisms took place in the stream below. The meeting-house was destroyed by rioters in 1715.
Erected by members of new Road Chapel to mark 300 years of Baptist witness in Oxford. 1955.
Erected 1955 by The Members of New Road Chapel.
Location. 51° 45.172′ N, 1° 15.878′ W. Marker is in Oxford, England, in Oxfordshire. Marker is at the intersection of Park End Street and Worcester Street, on the right when traveling west on Park End Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Oxford, England OX1 1HH, United Kingdom.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Park End Street (within shouting distance of this marker); New Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Hythe Bridge Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Vaulted Well Chamber (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); Oxford Castle Timeline (about 150 meters away); Prison D Wing (about 150 meters away); The Perimeter Wall (about 150 meters away); Prison Debtors’ Tower (about 180 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oxford.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 6, 2018. This page originally submitted on October 6, 2018, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 42 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 6, 2018, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.