The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
Landmarks of New York
Designed by Cyrus L.W. Eidlitz in Classical style, this building of Indiana limestone and marble was completed in 1896. The association, organized in 1870, here directs its professional and public activities and maintains one of the largest law libraries in the country.
Plaque erected 1960 by The New York Community Trust.
Erected 1960 by the New York Community Trust.
Location. 40° 45.316′ N, 73° 58.875′ W. Marker is in New York, New York, in New York County. Marker is on West 44th Street west of Fifth Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 42 West 44th Street, New York NY 10036, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The General Society of Mechanics and Tradesmen of the City of New York (a few steps from this marker); The Harvard Club (within shouting distance of this marker); Penn Club of New York (within shouting distance of this marker); New York Yacht Club (within shouting distance of this marker); Algonquin Hotel (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Fred F. French Building
Categories. • Architecture • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 15, 2018. This page originally submitted on October 14, 2018, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. This page has been viewed 20 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 14, 2018, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.