New York in New York County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Harvard Club
Landmark of New York
This building was designed by McKim, Mead & White in an architectural style employed in the late nineteenth century at Harvard. its exterior is Harvard brick laid in Flemish bond with trim of Indiana limestone. The clubhouse, opened in 1894, was extended to 45th Street in 1905 and further enlarged in 1915.
Plaque erected 1959 by the New York Community Trust
Erected 1959 by New York Community Trust.
Location. 40° 45.332′ N, 73° 58.888′ W. Marker is in New York, New York, in New York County. Marker is on West 44th Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 27 West 44th Street, New York NY 10036, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Penn Club of New York (a few steps from this marker); New York Yacht Club (within shouting distance of this marker); The General Society of Mechanics and Tradesmen of the City of New York (within shouting distance of this marker); The Association of the Bar of the City of New York (within shouting distance of this marker); Algonquin Hotel (about The Fred F. French Building (about 600 feet away); Monuments in Bryant Park (about 700 feet away); Bryant Park Today (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New York.
Categories. • Architecture •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 14, 2018. This page originally submitted on October 14, 2018, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. This page has been viewed 14 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 14, 2018, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.