Gonzales in Gonzales County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Indian Fort
On this lot they built a fort for security.
Erected 1966 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 2634.)
Location. 29° 29.967′ N, 97° 27.298′ W. Marker is in Gonzales, Texas, in Gonzales County. Marker is at the intersection of St. Louis Street (State Highway 146 Spur) and St. John Street, on the right when traveling east on St. Louis Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 212 St. Louis Street, Gonzales TX 78629, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Gonzales Cannon Burial Site (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1834 Homesite of Capt. and Mrs. Almaron Dickinson (about 700 feet away); Plaza (about 700 feet away); Andrew Ponton (approx. 0.2 miles away); James W. Robinson (approx. 0.2 miles away); Campsite Marking Start of San Jacinto Campaign Gonzales Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Central Square (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gonzales.
Categories. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 3, 2019. This page originally submitted on January 3, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 3, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.