Floresville in Wilson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
White House Café and Saloon
About 1910, brothers Henry and Frederick (Fritz) Teltschik, the sons of German immigrants, created a partnership to run the White House Restaurant and lodging here. After 1916, Fritz ran the business by himself and purchased the property in 1921. For the next 50 years, Fritz Teltschik welcomed community meetings, social gatherings and high school students to his restaurant. The White House Café was a popular gathering place in downtown Floresville and retains its historic and architectural character from that time period.
An example of the Victorian Commercial architecture once more common along Texas main streets, the White House Café and Saloon features arched window and transom openings, with
Erected 2002 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12828.)
Location. 29° 8.049′ N, 98° 9.543′ W. Marker is in Floresville, Texas, in Wilson County. Marker is on 3rd Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1307 3rd Street, Floresville TX 78114, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Baptist Church of Floresville (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Captain Will Wright (about 500 feet away); Wilson County Jail (about 600 feet away); Floresville United Methodist Church (about 600 feet away); The Flores de Abrego Family and Floresville (about 600 feet away); Wilson County Courthouse (about 600 feet away); Wilson County (about 600 feet away); James Charles Wilson (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Floresville.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 26, 2019. This page originally submitted on February 26, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 26, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.