Fort Stockton in Pecos County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Koehler's Saloon and Store
Built 1870's of field stone. Herman Koehler in 1884 opened saloon at one end, general store and bank at other. Later second story was added.
Erected 1966 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 2971.)
Location. 30° 53.065′ N, 102° 52.594′ W. Marker is in Fort Stockton, Texas, in Pecos County. Marker is on South Spring Drive east of South Rooney Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Stockton TX 79735, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Comanche Springs (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); O. W. Williams (about 500 feet away); St. Stephen's Episcopal Church (about 700 feet away); Annie Riggs Hotel (about 800 feet away); Grey Mule Saloon (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fort Stockton Guard House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hovey School (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Joseph's Catholic Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Stockton.
Categories. Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Koehler's Saloon and Store.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 5, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 5, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 27 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 5, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.